PDA

View Full Version : Question... Does the phase of the moon affect the feeding activity?

trollingplate
12-30-2011, 03:33 PM
What affect, if any, does the phases of the Moon have on lake
fishing. Right now the moon is waxing ( i think.. expanding towards full moon) and
is like 1/3 full, getting fuller everyday. Then after full moon, it wanes ( again,
I think... getting smaller everyday till just a sliver, then it begins waxing
again..

Welcome your thoughts !!

TP

CRABBY
12-30-2011, 07:10 PM
AH yes the moon Q,LOL,everybody has a opinion on the moon phases,star alignment,storm fronts etc.etc.Ton's of articals have been written pro an con!!!!
Bottom line is there is probably some truth to it,but if ya wanna go fishing GO,you may want to stay close to home just in case but go anyway,;) enjoy the experience an time outdoors,an if ya get skunked blame it on me for sayin you should go,LOL

trollingplate
12-31-2011, 08:26 AM
AH yes the moon Q,LOL,everybody has a opinion on the moon phases,star alignment,storm fronts etc.etc.Ton's of articals have been written pro an con!!!!
Bottom line is there is probably some truth to it,but if ya wanna go fishing GO,you may want to stay close to home just in case but go anyway,;) enjoy the experience an time outdoors,an if ya get skunked blame it on me for sayin you should go,LOL

From Google search... Too complicated for me !!!!!!!!!!!! Just go.... good answer.. and use Purple like RideNFish!!

Fishing and Moon Phases (http://www.anglerguide.com/articles/522.html)

Koke Machine83
12-31-2011, 10:41 AM
I have found with the moon phase, it's usually a later bite. The fish still have to eat. Can't catch them from the couch!! Just remember, fishing is a Fun Sport. Just go and enjoy the time on the water with Family and Friends...

Robbie

RideNfish
12-31-2011, 11:05 AM
From Google search... Too complicated for me !!!!!!!!!!!! Just go.... good answer.. and use Purple like RideNFish!!

Fishing and Moon Phases (http://www.anglerguide.com/articles/522.html)

Yep just go.

Hey trollingplate! don't go giving out my secrets! Oh wait..... I did post that didn't I. The only reason I used purple was cause it matched my Harley. :)

Marv
12-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Im going broken record, just go! Fish are weird and do totally random things. Most will typicaly fallow a pattern but just like us everyone is different.

Cal.Kellogg
12-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Just go is ALWAYS the correct answer, but if the moon is full you'll USUALLY have to work harder for bites while fishing during the day....

Once again, fishing is totally random...I've gone out thinking I would kill them because I killed them the day before and ended up getting skunked when nothing apparently changed...At other times I've gone out expecting the worst and found the fishing to be wide open....You won't know, unless you go!!!!

troutsavvy
12-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I think all things being equal, the moon phase does affect fishing. Out in the delta it certainly affects tides. On trout lakes under cover of a full moon the fish can eat all night long making the next morning painfully quiet in terms of trout action. I have found this to be true in the high sierra lakes up in Desolation Wilderness along with foothill lakes like Pardee, Amador, Camanchee, Don Pedro, etc.

IMO No moon is good moon!

Captain Compassion
12-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Depends. If you are going after recent stockers then it makes little difference. If you are going after fish who feed on minnows or other small aquatics then yes. A full moon will allow these fish to feed through out the night. This means that any bite during the day will be later. I notice this at lakes like Pyramid.

CC

Jfitalia
12-31-2011, 12:56 PM

No matter what the moon phase is I blame you when I get skunked! :smiley:

Cal.Kellogg
12-31-2011, 02:58 PM
I blame Jfitalia..."Dang I got skunked....That &%#$ Jfitalia screwed me again!"....

Marv
12-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Fish, like people are way to random in nature to lump together in one group or another. I have been skunked and done well during all lunar phases. Like it was said before, FISH WHEN YOU CAN.... I have noticed that the morning bite is slow during a full moon :)

I read and read so much crap about bass when i got serious about them and flooded my brain with more reasons not to go fish on a certain day than to go :) now i fish when i can/want too....

CRABBY
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
No matter what the moon phase is I blame you when I get skunked! :smiley::tongue2: And I proudly accept full responsibility!!HeHe......:wine1:.....Don