PDA

View Full Version : Merded Falls............

Duckmanhoov
01-01-2012, 10:51 PM
My son and girlfriend ended up at Merced falls Friday and caught a lot of nice looking trout, kept their 10 and released a few. Never stopped and fished their as I usually head to McSwain. Duck hunting has been slow so we headed their after we were fogged in at the blind. Water really low walked across the river at a couple places and we caught our 10 tout of of PE of different colors.

Sorry no pics but the fish were 1.5-3lbers nice color, not too many people out there.

RideNfish
01-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Good job! That sounds like a blast. I am sort of familiar with the area. Is this the falls just a mile or two below McSwain? I didn't know that area is open to fishing.

Please share... Oh, and next time we demand pics! haha. I think it was Smogguy who said something like, "I see a lot of letters and words but no pics."

Cheers,

schatgun
01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Thnx 4 sharing....Taking my two young boys to McSwain 1st weekend of Feb. Might try it out. We only make it that way once a year for a annual trip to McSwain w/ friends.

C U guys on the water........

Duckmanhoov
01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
We used the parking lot between the bridge and dam walked 150 yards to the low river and fished a couple of pools off of some fast moving water. I've always seen guys fishing around the bridge on my way to McSwain, never stopped and tried it. Didn't cost anything to park or fish and we caught some nice fish. I know it's tough without the pics, should have taken pictures of the fish tacos lastnight..........lol

Marv
01-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Nice job DuckMan!!! I usually fish close to McSwains discharge, where it first shoots into merced falls. were you fishing east or west of the bridge?

Duckmanhoov
01-03-2012, 08:45 PM
East of bridge, fished a couple of splits in the river just off of some fast moving water. Going to try and bang some ducks tomorrow, might have to try the river again Thurs or Fri, was easy pick'n for two trips. Tried the wooley buggar with float with no luck, after watching my kid catch three in front of me and lost a toad I changed over to Power eggs.:signfishon34hi6zv: