PDA

View Full Version : anybody fishing fort baker!

evcmadfisherman
04-20-2007, 05:28 PM
ANYBODY FISH FORT BAKER PIER.
IS IT A GOOD TIME TO FISH FORT BAKER

bretmoua
04-22-2007, 08:16 AM
I usually fish and crab fort baker once or twice a year. Fishing there hasn't been productive for me unless you want to catch smelt all day. I have seen people catch a leopard shark or two but that's about it for the big fish. If you drop your line straight down from the pier, you can actually catch 4-5 inch rock fish. I would assume now's a great time, but you gotta wait for the rain to past. I usually go out there during the summer months. Good luck.

dimpala95
04-22-2007, 04:49 PM
I usually fish and crab fort baker once or twice a year. Fishing there hasn't been productive for me unless you want to catch smelt all day. I have seen people catch a leopard shark or two but that's about it for the big fish. If you drop your line straight down from the pier, you can actually catch 4-5 inch rock fish. I would assume now's a great time, but you gotta wait for the rain to past. I usually go out there during the summer months. Good luck.

Crabbing? :-? You do know that you can only fish for rock crabs and not dungies in the bay.

gmdcdvm
04-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Try asking on www.pierfishing.com.

Haven't been out there for about 2 months. I have had some luck along the jetty for perch and some small rockfish. Haven't had much luck on the pier before except for sand dabs in the winter.

G

icaughtu
04-23-2007, 07:35 AM
Do you guys know how far this is from san jose?

dimpala95
04-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Do you guys know how far this is from san jose?

It's across the Golden Gate bridge from SF, so about 1 hr.

Fish_R_Us
04-23-2007, 09:01 AM
Fort Baker is just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, on the Marin Co. side. I believe you take the first exit off US-101, after exiting the Bridge. Travel time from SJ is 1 hour +, depending on traffic. The problem is going thru SF and the GG Bridge.

Crabbing, sandabs and an occasional salmon are probably the prospects.

You can do just as good going to Ft Point Pier, just opposite from Ft. Baker, on the SF side.

icaughtu
04-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks a bunch. :)

evcmadfisherman
04-23-2007, 08:31 PM
ya rock crab I have done had my fill.
I'm thinking now that I work near there that I'ts time to try some live bait
Catch a smelt and try for somthing good! ;D
I'll let you know how it goes.

The_Rand_Man
04-24-2007, 08:01 AM
HI!

I have fished the point at FT.Baker for years. Ive pulled in 2 stripers over 8lbs and Ive seen a salmon pulled up late in the summer. Its really productive in mid summer for sharks and smelt. This year Ive fished it once with 0 results. Try casting white hair raisers from the point. Good luck!!