PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes Report - 01/01/12

rganitano
01-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Got to the peninsula at 0800 and had the poles wet by 0810. Zero bites with multiple combinations of power worm/egg color combos, inflated crawler/power egg, chart power bait dough, orange cheese/garlic flavored bait dough, and little cleo and kastmaster lures. Casting long and short distances to gauge fish ranges. Decided to fish on the cove on the peninsula at 1030 since a local guy managed to catch a couple on that side.

After a couple of minutes of getting both poles wet with power worm/egg combo, Iím getting hits. To make the story short, almost limited out within an hour at this location. Four 2 pounders. Good way to bring in the new year!

Cheers!
-Ron

CRESTLINER 08
01-04-2012, 10:04 AM
very nice way to start the new year wit a 80% limit and nice looking fish,i got to get out there to the point or at least the row.....thanks for the report and picz,,

Nick145
01-06-2012, 09:57 AM
is the area by the handicapped dock any good?

youngling
01-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Congrats on your catch Ron! I heard about the cove (with the handicapped dock) that day and I went to check it out in the afternoon. I got there about 3pm and saw a many anglers getting bites but not as much as one guy who was using a crappie jig. It seems like he was getting fish every 15mins. FISH ON!