PDA

View Full Version : Spicers

Bee_Jay
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Does anyone happen to know if we can get down to spicers to do some bank fishing. Or if the road is blocked or the lake frozen over ?
Thanks for any info.

Jfitalia
01-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Does anyone happen to know if we can get down to spicers to do some bank fishing. Or if the road is blocked or the lake frozen over ?
Thanks for any info.

I would think its frozen but I could be wrong

Steve079
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Call Ebbetts Pass Sports in Arnold (209)795-1686. They can give you the latest info

Bee_Jay
01-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Call Ebbetts Pass Sports in Arnold (209)795-1686. They can give you the latest info

Ok thanks Steve I will give them a call.

dude
01-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Was up there last week. The road to Spicer was blocked off. Alpine looks like an ice rink. Adventurous kids were out siding around. First time I've seen it smooth, usually freezes rough and then gets piles of snow all over.
Dude

Bee_Jay
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Was up there last week. The road to Spicer was blocked off. Alpine looks like an ice rink. Adventurous kids were out siding around. First time I've seen it smooth, usually freezes rough and then gets piles of snow all over.
Dude
Thanks Dude, you just saved me a 220 mile round trip.
Bee_Jay

Jfitalia
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks Dude, you just saved me a 220 mile round trip.
Bee_Jay

holy crap that's far

Steve079
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Go to Melones, and catch bigger fish that are just as pretty,probably bigger, and definitely warmer. Good info here on this for both bankers and boaters there.

Once Pardee opens though, its a whole new ballgame.;)

Bee_Jay
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM
holy crap that's far
Yeah I admit it is pretty far but we been doing it for years once a week. When the gas went sky high it kind of knocked a hole in the wallet, but you can't take it with you and I would rather spend it on fishing. Sometimes we alterate between spicers and silver lake.
Its not the amount or size fish we catch it is just going fishing.

Bee_Jay
01-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Go to Melones, and catch bigger fish that are just as pretty,probably bigger, and definitely warmer. Good info here on this for both bankers and boaters there.

Once Pardee opens though, its a whole new ballgame.;)

Hey Steve I quit fishing the lower elevation lakes years ago. Had a couple of incidents with rattlesnakes on the launching ramp so I quit going to them. Needless to say I hate snakes. Any kind........ I know, there are snakes in the higher elevation also but I haven't seen one in the 55 or so years I've been fishing them.