PDA

View Full Version : east bay lakes

Nick145
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Due to an unfortunate complication during a recent surgery I am now in a wheel chair. :cry: I live just around the corner from Chabot but everyone I talk to says the lake isnít producing; so Iím looking for a local lake that has a handicap dock, and that is producing 2-3 fish per person on average.

Thanks in Advanced,
Nick145

trollingplate
01-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Quarry Lakes in Fremont has an awesome handicapped dock...action is
spotty there, but check the recent post about the guy that got
his limit there..and that area is near the handicap dock.

Go to the East Bay Regional Parks website and choose Quarry Lakes..

Handicap bathroom is also right there.

Keep us posted, I live close...

TheGreatBasshole
01-04-2012, 06:22 PM
I'd also look at shadow cliffs, I know they have metal docks but Im not sure if its handicap accessible. The bite there is on.

Nick145
01-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the replies, but unfortunately shadow cliffs doesnít have a handicapped dock and I have never been to quarry so Iím going to go to Lafayette.

I have a few questions though. Should I fish off of the big wooden dock with rails or the metal one with rails? What areas should I cast to and what baits work best?

Tight Lines,
Nick145

jyang
01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I fish Lafayette often on the boat but I'll share what works for me.
I do best with white power eggs and white power warm combo with about 3ft of leader. In the past couple of outing, sunrise power eggs and white power warms worked well too.

I have fished both docks you mentioned before. I have caught trout on both docks. I perfer the metal rail dock (right side).

Good luck out there.

Nick145
01-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the tips. We are going to be out there tomorrow probably on the metal dock.

Tight Lines,
Nick145

TroutGhost
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Hey Nick, did you get the PM I sent you a couple days ago?

Nick145
01-07-2012, 08:28 AM
i typed up the pm but forgot to send it.

ill send it to you in a few