PDA

View Full Version : Alambique creek

odessamama
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Good Morning!

Please help to find Alambique Creek in Woodside CA.

Thanks in forvard.

PapaGreg
01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Believe it's in the general area of Woodside road and Portola road, might try looking for it via Google.

Fish_R_Us
01-11-2012, 05:13 PM
It is a very small creek that runs along the SR-84 (aka La Honda Rd.) as it parallels the border of the Wunderlich Co. Park. It's on the east (downhill) side of SR-84 as it starts it's climb from the flat section close to the junction of Portola Rd. The only section with public access is along SR-84, and is a steep (but short) hike to get down from the highway. That area has alot of large shade trees and the creek doesn't get much sunlight. At that stage it is a really small meandering mossy stream flowing over rocky areas (and alot of mosquitos). There are a few pullouts as the road climbs higher. Flowing downstream from there, the creek borders the backyards of the houses along Portola Rd. and is pretty much private propery. The creek crosses under Portola Rd. and and drains into a small shallow mudhole on the east side of the road. I believe from there, the creek eventually dumps into Searsville Lake (a bigger mudhole), although I personally havn't walked that section. Winter and early spring is the only time when there is enough water to hold any type of fish popoulation. It is usually dry at the lower portions by mid summer. I never went fully upstream to find the source of the creek, however I'd be willing to bet there are some natural fed springs draining from Wunderlich Park. I never saw any fingerling trout or any fish population when I checked out that stream. There may be some native fish hanging around during the winter but most of the creek is void of any ripatarian environment.