PDA

View Full Version : Melones 1/5/12 w/pics!

Marv
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Started out @ twilight and got a special treat, a big ole "bassboy" shout from RideNfish :) my cousin said damn dude your famous, lol....

Had 3 on before the sun kissed the water (if i closed my eyes and guessed id say it was April) got my firs
t fish water bobber fish and a powerworm PINK was the color for today.

The rest of my fish came on rainbow powerbait. My cousin had big fish of the day 21/2lbs.

A reporter from an Angeles Camp news paper took my cousins and my pics for the front paper of the sports section :) I AM famous, woka woka woka :)

I LOVE NEW MELONES LAKE!!! HANDS DOWN THE BEST LAKE IN NOR CA.

JwG
01-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Nice BB209!!

Those are some GOOD looking fish.http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Thanks for the report and pictures.

CRABBY
01-05-2012, 05:09 PM
What's going on here?Did you guys have a Melones convention or something?Sure wish I lived closer to that area.
Nice bunch of fish,clean lookin too,no pods yet,sounds like ya all had a good time,congrats on catchin some.....Don

schatgun
01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Nice job guys....I told RideNfish (Doug) if you were solo we'd swing by and kidnap you for the day to join us on the Beer Can. We had a good day too....Some decent action but the big guys eluded us...We ended the day with 10 to take home, 3 tossed back in hopes of finding the big guys, 3 LDR and 1 SDR... And your right....New Melones is the best lake

CRABBY
01-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Nice job guys....I told RideNfish (Doug) if you were solo we'd swing by and kidnap you for the day to join us on the Beer Can. We had a good day too....Some decent action but the big guys eluded us...We ended the day with 10 to take home, 3 tossed back in hopes of finding the big guys, 3 LDR and 1 SDR... And your right....New Melones is the best lakeWell that cuts it there is a :conspy6bc: going on here,LOL,geez everybody catchin fish an skippin work :biggrin:.
Well congrats to ya all anyway..:cheers:...Don

Kyle Wise
01-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Great report and congrats on a great day on the water.

Seems like people are realizing that Amador isn't the best place to fish. LMAO:action-smiley-035::action-smiley-035:

SMOGGUY get up here and hop aboard:mickey::mickey:

RideNfish
01-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to go at em. Glad you got a bubble fish in. Nice seeing you out there. I may go Saturday so I need to know if you liked your spot or did you move somewhere else?

Now you are going to be in the paper? Wow. I was in the Sniffer mag once with my striper pic. :)

Schatgun is not BS'ing. He did say if you were solo we would offer to pic you up. Three on the boat is about all that can be handled. But you did killer from shore so congrats. Let's get up there together soon. Crazy burning gas in two cars from the same town.

Oh, SmogGuy, no convention just a lot of people discovering another fishery and getting people away from "Skunk-Ador". hehe

Cheers,

Marv
01-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Schat don't tease me :( im totally down to just ride and watch :) i see how you trollers do........ Im with you, im in love with New Melones!!!

Marv
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Skunk-ador, lol :) Tazman stole all the good fish outta there anyway :) Let me know when and where i'll be there with cow bells on :)

Ride we fished there all day! Thats the best bank spot :) id be down to roll, but im going to Mossdale for the night tomorrow. Cross my fingers for a nice striper.

Team Mc Fishing
01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm looking to hit melones sunday or monday, I'm waiting to hear from another guide if he is going to be there sunday with his clients or not. Hopefully we can pick up some big browns trolling a group pattern of rapalas out of the boat along the rock walls. Hopefully we will get some good pics to post up in a few days. Great report, hope to see some other sniffers out there! Melones is a great place and plenty of room to troll without running into combat fishing conditions like the smaller lakes.

Team Mc Fishing Pro Staff

sollimes
01-06-2012, 07:10 AM
Bassboy,

Nice job out there! The pink worm was HOT last year.
I might hit the bank on Saturday. Maybe see you guys out there.

Theo

TAZMAN64
01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Skunk-ador, lol :) Tazman stole all the good fish outta there anyway :) Let me know when and where i'll be there with cow bells on :)

Ride we fished there all day! Thats the best bank spot :) id be down to roll, but im going to Mossdale for the night tomorrow. Cross my fingers for a nice striper. Hey , Thats a flat out lie !!!!!!!!!!!!! I left a couple LOL!!!!! Glad to see your doing well at N.M. me and my brother were there on the 4th, but we didnt get there untill 11:00 fished for a few hours and my brother caught a couple. No love for me, just a bunch of snags. I lost 4-5 set ups, and got one bite. I know if we got there early we could have done something better. Congrats on getting into them, we will probably be going back next week and i hope to see you up there. Steve

dirty530
01-06-2012, 11:59 AM
stupid question..

does Angels Creek flow into New Melones? anyone fished there before? thanks.

Dirty

RideNfish
01-06-2012, 12:28 PM
stupid question..

does Angels Creek flow into New Melones? anyone fished there before? thanks.

Dirty

Read this thread from the beginning (http://www.fishsniffer.com/trout-board/94527-new-melones-i-love-you.html#post847866). I have heard of people doing well there. Even some from this forum. It's a long walk back there but not bad by boat. Not sure what your approach is. Also you can google map stuff like this and look at satellite pics to learn a LOT. Here is all the maps you will need (http://www.usbr.gov/mp/ccao/newmelones/maps/index.html) to find what you want. Let us know how you do if you get there. :) Or anywhere I guess. We like fishing reports.

@ BassBoy,
My fingers are crossed for ya! Please give us a good report. Been too quiet.

Cheers,

dirty530
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM
thanks RideNFish. before i posted this, i looked and only saw Angels Camp mentioned.. i'm sure angels creek has the same season (april-nov) as the rest of nor cal tributary streams. just doing some homework for future trips. thanks for your input.

Dirty

AngelosPop
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Good Job BB :appledancing: