PDA

View Full Version : Trout Fishing in Arizona

K_Hedin
01-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Anybody ever get down to Arizona and do any fishing or live here and do the urban fishing thing? Would love to be able to talk with some other anglers and start learning more about the Trout fishing here.

Jfitalia
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Anybody ever get down to Arizona and do any fishing or live here and do the urban fishing thing? Would love to be able to talk with some other anglers and start learning more about the Trout fishing here.

what part of Arizona

Marv
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
I seen a City Limits w/Mike Ioconeli but they were in the Pheonix/Tempe area but they were sayin' that Az. has a great urban stocking programs. Have you looked on youtube, use keywords like: Arizona trout, Mesa trout, Arizona rainbows....... Sorry im not too helpful but it's a start, good luck and let us know how you do :)

K_Hedin
01-06-2012, 04:17 PM
I am in Mesa, AZ and do the urban fishing thing. It is a pretty cool program so that we can fish for trout during the "winter" here. I have been doing alright with Mepps and Panther Martins lately. Average size of the stockers this year has been 13 inches which is pretty good. I really love getting up to the higher elevation lakes on the Mogollian Rim and up near Show Low.

It isn't so much that I don't know about the Trout fishing in Arizona, so much as I would love to be able to talk to more anglers than the old guys that sit at the ponds ever day. Just looking to try and meet some people to fish with or at least discuss more what is working and what isn't.

Jfitalia
01-06-2012, 04:23 PM
I am in Mesa, AZ and do the urban fishing thing. It is a pretty cool program so that we can fish for trout during the "winter" here. I have been doing alright with Mepps and Panther Martins lately. Average size of the stockers this year has been 13 inches which is pretty good. I really love getting up to the higher elevation lakes on the Mogollian Rim and up near Show Low.

It isn't so much that I don't know about the Trout fishing in Arizona, so much as I would love to be able to talk to more anglers than the old guys that sit at the ponds ever day. Just looking to try and meet some people to fish with or at least discuss more what is working and what isn't.

sorry man my dad lives in forty Mohave so we fish the Colorado river trout

K_Hedin
01-06-2012, 04:29 PM
I have only read the fishing reports for that side of the state and read about fishing trips to it. I would love to get out there sometime and see what it is like. I know there are some big ones out there. Hard to do a day trip out there as it is a looooong drive. It is also hard to get away from my family for a few days to be able to make a camping trip out of it. Perhaps one of these days though.

Fish_R_Us
01-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Most of the resident trout fishing is in the northern (Kaibab Area) part of the state where the water and conditions are cool enough (to retain the dissolved oxygen in the water) that the trout need in order to survive. The southern areas are too warm to sustain trout for any extended time. The exception is downstream from large reserviors where the outdraw is from the deep lake waters and is plenty cold.

mike_l
01-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Years ago a friend took me fishing up around Flagstaff. We tubed some smaller lakes/reservoirs with good luck. I hear there are pike is some of those waters up there too. Not such a long drive from Phx...-mike

Gene St. Denis
01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Cool Baby !!! :odie: Fish' the West !! gst