PDA

View Full Version : On Shore Fishing near HMB

Fly_n_Fish
04-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Here is the map of the shore line around Princeton Harbor. I picked up a few spots and labled with the letters. Based on the structure and other rules of thumb, what would you think are the good spots (or bad spots)? Of course, if you'd be nice enough to mention your favorate spots, that's even better. :)
http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/5101222/2.JPG

Fly_n_Fish
04-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Hmm. the right side of the picture is clipped. I don't know why. You can click on this to see the full picture:http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/5101222/3.JPG

catfished
04-19-2007, 08:34 AM
Hmm. the right side of the picture is clipped. I don't know why. You can click on this to see the full picture:http://image59.webshots.com/659/6/46/77/2570646770061247842uAPVDe_ph.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/goodtimes/friendsfun&track_action=/Owner/Shortcuts/FullSize

Your first post doesn't show any photo and when I click on that link I get this:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /659/6/46/77/2570646770061247842uAPVDe_ph.jpg on this server.

I would really like to see the photo if at all possible since I'm planning to fish the HMB area this weekend if the weather isn't too bad. I used to fish inside the breakwaters on the beach near the old fish docks towards the north end. Caught lots of perch and an occasional halibut but this was over 15 years ago.

catfished
04-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Okay, I figured out how to get the photo but it is evidently protected from linking so I resized it and sent it up to one of my sites so you can see it below:
http://www.oceansurfperch.com/hmb1.jpg

I added K where I used to catch the perch and halibut from the beach.

catfished
04-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Also, here's a link to the original but with my K added that I also uploaded :
http://www.oceansurfperch.com/hmb.jpg

Fly_n_Fish
04-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Spot K? Really? That'll be good 'cause it will be safe enough for my kids to come along. How about spot L? It is in the mouth of a very small creek.

Kid_Dynamite
04-19-2007, 07:46 PM
i fish H,I,J and E,F,G for rockfish and crabs

Fly_n_Fish
04-19-2007, 08:23 PM
How was the bite? Was the line easily snagged? Did you have to cast far away?

catfished
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Spot K? Really? That'll be good 'cause it will be safe enough for my kids to come along. How about spot L? It is in the mouth of a very small creek.

I used to do pretty good in that area (L) but remember, that was over 15 years ago. I was planning a trip there this weekend but with the *&^^% weather [smiley=angry.gif], I probably won't travel the 320 or so miles round trip from Lake County.

piscolabis
04-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Fly n Fish, I'm impressed with the map and your question of which marked spot is best. Very creative! (Sorry, I don't have any fishing input. I have only fished from the harbor entrance to the bottom of your map in the bay about a mile off shore and I was fishless that day.)
Tom

Jerrdirt
04-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Area K looks like aren't strong waves coming on shore. Is that due to a barricade or some sort offshore?

catfished
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Area K looks like aren't strong waves coming on shore. Is that due to a barricade or some sort offshore?
Both K & L are inside the jetties in the harbor, therefore the waves are always very small, even in a big storm. It's like fishing in a lake.

catfished
04-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Both K & L are inside the jetties in the harbor, therefore the waves are always very small, even in a big storm. It's like fishing in a lake.

Well, with the conflicting weather reports I've decided to take a chance and drive down there. My wife and I will either be at K, L or near the little public pier at the north end of the harbor. We won't get there until around noon due to the minus tide in the morning.

realdeal
04-20-2007, 05:19 PM
What do you catch around area K and L? I usually fish the jetty for some rockies and seatrout, and have seen some people get some nice eels out there too.

catfished
04-20-2007, 07:32 PM
What do you catch around area K and L? I usually fish the jetty for some rockies and seatrout, and have seen some people get some nice eels out there too.

I used to fish inside the breakwaters on the beach near the old fish docks towards the north end. Caught lots of perch and an occasional halibut but this was over 15 years ago.

As I said above, I'm going there tomorrow so I'll give a report.

MB_Kevin
04-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey CatfishEd If my van was not in the shop this weekend I might stop by and say hi. I always thought that sandy area in there looked good for halibut but never knew they went in there 8-)

catfished
04-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Hey CatfishEd If my van was not in the shop this weekend I might stop by and say hi. I always thought that sandy area in there looked good for halibut but never knew they went in there 8-)
Hey MB, it would have been nice to meet you, maybe next time. If we do any good we will return soon.

catfished
04-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Well, the almost 400 mile round trip to HMB was disappointing to say the least. We started out fishing spot K at around 12 noon but there was no fishable water, even 100 yards out from the beach it was only about 2 feet deep plus there was tons of seaweed getting on our lines. >:( It used to be fishable there when the height of the tide was 2 feet or more. We stayed around for an hour with no action. I guess the sand has built up to where there's just no depth close to the beach in that area.

We moved to the base of the fishing pier at spot M and fished for about an hour in the rain for one black perch of about 1 1/2 lbs which I released and that was it.
http://www.oceansurfperch.com/hmb1.jpg

Salm-ON
04-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Sorry about the luck...Thats why its called fishing and not catching right ;)

catfished
04-23-2007, 06:49 AM
Sorry about the luck...Thats why its called fishing and not catching right ;)

Hi Salm-ON,

Obviously you are right but it's a bit more disappointing when you drive a long ways and gas costs $3.39 per gallon. Maybe next time. ;D

icaughtu
04-23-2007, 07:14 AM
Sorry to hear.I went out there on sunday, I wasnt fishing just went for a drive.I didnt see any one catch anything on the jettys, but then again there werent many people at the time I was there.