PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle: When planted, they bite 1/7/12

H-man
01-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Fished from the float tube from 3:00 till 5:00 and landed 8. The fish have moved further out from shore and were all around 2#+ fish. Guessing they like power bait, as I was removing the lure, noticed some coughing up green bait.

(above) this was the first fish that hit me while I was kicking out from shore in the tube. Decided to stick around this area since I did not have much time. The first 4 fish came within 20 minutes, then the bite slowed...

Even off shore, combat fishing arises. Had Whaler decide they would pull up 40 ft from me right on the area I was casting. They circled me, guess they were thinking they would herd up the fish for me. I did ask them if they wanted to anchor next to me...

The bites for me came at a depth of 6 ft on jigs worked close to the bottom.

Heard they planted mid-week last week. I released all the fish, if you catch one of these guys pictured or one with a hole in their upper lip - your welcome!

Cheers,

CRABBY
01-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Wow looks like even Del Valle is on the bite,nice pics an update H Man,to bad the boat guy felt like he needed to circle you to catch fish,never fails there's always 1 or 2 jerks that can't figure out what to do or where to go so they jump on top of someone catching fish,liked your invite to anchor up,LOL.
Somebody will be happy with all the fish you let go. :biggrin: .....Don

RideNfish
01-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Good job! What lures where you using? Was it just jigs? Also were they being caught to far out for bankers?

Thank you, (I usually sign off as "Cheers" but since you did it I will do the following)

Peace out, :)

TheGreatBasshole
01-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Finally! A good report from DV! when was the last plant? Very nice fish.

trollingplate
01-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Nice job! Skunked on Friday, wife and I went down to the Narrows, the bays,
the dam, wife caught a stick. Which was better than I. She also snagged
a Seps dodger and Rapala Firetiger so I will be sending her a bill for that.

Thinking of changing my name to " Empty Plate " or "Bank Overdraft"...

if things don't improve!!

HMONG_James_Vang
01-09-2012, 08:58 AM
nice going h-man

Big Game
01-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Great Report H-Man. Thanks for the pics too. I will be heading out there again soon as a friend just got a new
Fish Cat tube and fins, I'm sure he will be wanting to test his stuff out.

Tight Lines, Big Game

H-man
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Good job! What lures where you using? Was it just jigs? Also were they being caught to far out for bankers?

Thank you, (I usually sign off as "Cheers" but since you did it I will do the following)

Peace out, :)

Typically use crappie jigs or the woolley bugger on a casting bubble.

From the east beach, I am out past the bouy, which is well beyond any one from the shore casting. This is not to say there are no fish in close to shore, I just like to stay away from others when fishing (such a loner...)

Cheers,