PDA

View Full Version : Candlestick Butts 4/21

dimpala95
04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
We trolled from 0800 until 1700 for a couple of shorties and a few scratched baits. Water was a little murky but no wind early in the day. The wind picked up by about 1300 and so did the chop. It started raining by 1600.

I guess it's better luck next time.

keciga1
04-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the report. As soon as the bait starts showing up in numbers it will be red hot.

ZACK
04-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry you didn't connect but man, seriously save your gas next time and go after butts when you actually have a tide that would give you a decent shot at em.
ZACK!

krzyfshrmn
04-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Way to go pointing out all the proper procedures to catching fish yet again Zack..........

ZACK
04-22-2007, 02:12 PM
* *Way to go pointing out all the proper procedures to catching fish yet again Zack..........

I don't know everything about the bay but If I see you river guys trying to shoot yourself in the foot I will step in! ;D

Same as I hope you guys would do the same for me If I was planning to fish the river while the flow is outragous when I occationally get my boat in your waters while trying to catch Salmon.

If you guys have ants in your pants and are only off on days with terrible tides look for clearer water to fish on these days. I have fished em all over the years and trying to make something out of nothing on a day when the water is nasty chocolate brown is awful.
If you like to troll that tide was ripping so fast that day that you could have just put on a 3 way live bait set up and threw on your herring and killed the motor and that tide would have blowin you down the bay and right out into the ocean! :o

Just kiddin, ZACK! 8-)

recs1 JBF
04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Way to go pointing out all the proper procedures to catching fish yet again Zack..........

I don't know everything about the bay but If I see you river guys trying to shoot yourself in the foot I will step in! ;D

River guy's???? I was with dimpala and a few other veteran fisherman that ONLY fish the bay and oceans, but we all decided to try for halibut's. We all knew that the water conditions wouldn't be in our favor, but didn't want to anchor up and fish for sturgie's or anything else. Dimpala didn't mention that there were about 25 other boats out there with us, but I only see one report from halibut fishing. A fish report is a good report regardless if anything was caught.

BTW: Thanks for the fishing tips, were you there too? Just curious because your description of the conditions are exactly what it was like. ;D ;D ;D ;D