PDA

View Full Version : Bowman Lake Rd Clear and Stampede Reservoir Report 1/10/2012

Gene St. Denis
01-10-2012, 08:36 AM
The Last Two Weeks Headed up to Stampede Reservoir and Bowman Lake Road ( Which is Now Clear of Ice sheet/snow and is Now 99 percent Mostly Dirt) , and Bowman Lake for some old time Camping , Hiking, and Fishing for Browns and Rainbow Trout !! Our 3 Groups fished several days and some days stunk and some days were Great !!! The Best fish was a very nice Big Brown . :fish_jumps: What a awesome Two Major Trout Lakes system !! Fishing is Definitely Tougher Now with Full Moon..at both Lake Now, But the Big Macks at Stampede add another Dimension ( And the Road is Easy, compared to the Rougher/ Longer Bowman Road off 20 off 80 ) . No mention of Lures or Fish, except for the Big Brown and No Photos.... to keep it Clean and Pure. :1sheep03h7ot: 2012 a Very Nice New Year !! Snow Free and Tioga Pass is still open !! So get up and dress warm and start Hiking and fishing The Sierras !!! No Mosquito Repel-ant Needed ether !!! Head out ... and Enjoy !!! :fishing5xd: That is about as GENERIC as it gets. gst

CRESTLINER 08
01-10-2012, 08:44 AM
nice report, no pics ,no lure info I GET IT...LOL....dont want start anyonez new year off wrong..shhhhhhhhh....HAPPY NEW YEAR MR.GENE

Gene St. Denis
01-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Heading back up to Bowman Lake and Faucherie Lake for some more Brown Action !! Alot of Folks Up Here Now as there Is No Snow and Brown Dirt is Everywere!!! Great Hiking and Fishing Conditions !! Cold in the Morning and Very Warm in the Afternoon !! Big Fish Rolling all Over Both Lakes !! A Larger Group this Time and A Full Scale Fishing Adventure as Usual !! If I have Time I will hike into French Lake and see the Brown Action !! God Bless and Happy New Year !! :a-fish: gst

americainR_guy
01-11-2012, 11:11 AM
at most the Sierra lakes the roads are open due to the dry winter we are having! It's just matter if it frozen or not. Becareful! The water will range from 43 to 37 on most of them, so don't fall in! I saw pics of Loon last week, 90% frozen!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4200/newyearsrubicontrip2012.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/newyearsrubicontrip2012.jpg/)

Jfitalia
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
[QUOTEat most the Sierra lakes the roads are open due to the dry winter we are having! It's just matter if it frozen or not. Becareful! The water will range from 43 to 37 on most of them, so don't fall in! I saw pics of Loon last week, 90% frozen![/QUOTE]

yeah I looked into buying some trophy sticks but they were way to dam expensive! I've heard they can crack and require tuning as well I'll stick with my rapalas and yo zuri plugs. crap I hope they don't come after me like the mafia! lol

Jfitalia
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
what is the elevation of loon? the lake I told you about I believe its 6800 and I don't want to make the trip if its frozen. I cant take much more of this local fishing

CRABBY
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Just so you guys know I'm gonna be poofing a bunch of posts here.
Please take your disagreements to the PM or E mail system only.Thanks All....Don

Jfitalia
01-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Just so you guys know I'm gonna be poofing a bunch of posts here.
Please take your disagreements to the PM or E mail system only.Thanks All....Don

way to ruin our fun! haha

LURKER916
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
what is the elevation of loon? the lake I told you about I believe its 6800 and I don't want to make the trip if its frozen. I cant take much more of this local fishing

Gotta agree with u on the local fishing scene.

fisihnforfun
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM
if the road is still clear ill be going for at least 4 or 5 days, didnt know it was that easy to get in there this year

americainR_guy
01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
if the road is still clear ill be going for at least 4 or 5 days, didnt know it was that easy to get in there this year

Yep!! Me too!! Be sure to come say Hi! :-)

CRABBY
01-11-2012, 07:36 PM
[QUOTE=SMOGGUY;848678]Just so you guys know I'm gonna be poofing a bunch of posts here.
Please take your disagreements to the PM or E mail system only.Thanks All....Don[/QUOTE/] You guy's must have missed this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!