PDA

View Full Version : California Deer Association

smithstation
01-10-2012, 09:54 AM
We are going to put on your first ever CDA dinner in Merced this year. It will be March 17th. We will be giving away some great quality guns. We have several browning x-bolts, howa 243, remington stainless synthetic 25-06, ruger GP 100 in 357, S&W tactical 223, and the grand kahuna, a Christensen Arms fiber 300 RUM. If anyone is interested in going please contact me. We usually averaged 180 people when we did the NWTF and with about 20 guns your odds of winning are good. Jason (209)769-8059

Reel Fun
01-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Can you provide more info? What does the CDA do? How much to join? How much for the dinner? Raffle tickets etc etc. Ant benifits to joining?

RF

CRABBY
01-11-2012, 05:53 AM
Can you provide more info? What does the CDA do? How much to join? How much for the dinner? Raffle tickets etc etc. Ant benifits to joining?

RFhttp://www.caldeer.com/fliers/2012-merced.pdf

smithstation
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
http://www.caldeer.com/fliers/2012-merced.pdf

Thanks!! That about sums it up.

I will tell you my reason for going and joining. I have been part of the core group who has done the NWTF dinners in Merced for the last 15+ years. In 2010 we raised over $70,000 at our dinner and all but a about $1500 of that goes back to the national headquarters, as most organazations require. Well the NWTF sends that money where ever they see fit. Thats all good but I wanted to be a part of something on more of a local or state level and see our money stay in the state of CA. F&G does very little to help improve or even maintain our deer population here and with the CDA I feel my money is better spent. I also have a personal issue with what the NWTF did to us. We were one of the most succesful chapters and raised the most $$ in our region. Well we always give away a scholarship to a senior highschool student. In 2010 we had narrowed it down to 2 students and decided to give them both $1000 rather than $2000 to just one student. We had a local wine maker donate a custom wine bottle filled with his home brew. His only requirement was 100% of the funds made from that wine went to the scholarship award. I was stoked and assured it would. Well we raised $600 from that bottle of wine, figured $300 additional bucks to each recipient. THe regional direstor for NWTF was there and he demanded that the $600 be sent to national and wo needed to donate the $600 from our $1500 seed money for the next years banquet. That did not sit well with me but he demanded that it be his way or we loose our NWTF status. I threw my hands up and said I wanted nothing to do any more with the NWTF and the rest of our core group followed in my foot steps. After several months he appologized and begged us to do another dinner in 2011 but I was done with them and a 2011 dinner never happened. If they can not support our kids and the future of hunting I want nothing to do with them. My little rant and rave about the NWTF, just my personal feelings and I dont want to bash them but in my opinion what they did that night was wrong.

CRABBY
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:,congratulations on breaking free.
It sounds like the right move was made.KUDOS to all involved.......Don

smithstation
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks Don, I felt it was the right thing to do. Our kids are the future and I will always support them 100% :)

BIG_ONE
01-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Do we have to take the rifle and register them if we win them? Or are they already registered - all we need is to fill our name and send it in to get it registered with our name on it?

smithstation
01-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Do we have to take the rifle and register them if we win them? Or are they already registered - all we need is to fill our name and send it in to get it registered with our name on it?

We will have an FFL dealer there. All guns will have to be registered in winners name that night. It usually costs about $45 to do the DOJ registration. The guns will need to be picked up in Turlock CA at Alquest arms after the 10 day waiting period, Thanks!!

smithstation
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Our 2013 dinner will be held March 16th in Merced. We averaged one gun per 7 people last year, thats very good odds. We are hoping to have a 1/5 ratio this year!! We are not a 870-10-22 club ie. we are giving away good to great guns with retail vlue of $500-$2200. The quality is there and the quantity is building with everyones support. If you would like to attend or be a part of the CDA committee this year please let me know. Jason (209)769-8059

smithstation
02-28-2013, 01:57 PM
A few of the guns this year:
Weatherby Mark V Fiber Mark ($1500 value)
Remington Sendero SFII ($1450 value)
Browning X-bolt stainless stalker ($1330 value)
Howa Varmiter 24" heavy barrel
Kimber custom II
Tikka T3 light stainless
Remington 700 stainless
Thompson Venture Predator
Mossberg O/U Silver reserve

These are a few of the 20+ guns that someone will win March 16th 2013.