PDA

View Full Version : Leopard 411 Request

Fern-dog
04-20-2007, 10:48 PM
It's been several years since I last went after leopards in the bay. I used to do pretty well in the south bay over near the San Mateo bridge and out along the shipping channel, *as well as in a few deep water cuts that run throughout the south bay. Are these areas still producers? Any current info would be much apprcieated. Myself and two of my friends are going to give it a go this Sunday. I suppose we wll launch out of Berkley. Sure would be greatfull for any info on the sharks and any other fish that are on the bite right now. *Coming down from Stockton, hope to be on the water bright and early if all goes well.

Thanks much and fish safe!

Fern-dog * *[smiley=odie.gif]

keciga1
04-20-2007, 10:54 PM
You got the areas down. They can still be caught over by the SM bridge by the channel. I would launch out of San Leandro marina, it's much closer to the fishing grounds and it's free.

Ivan

Fern-dog
04-20-2007, 10:59 PM
You got the areas down. They can still be caught over by the SM bridge by the channel. I would launch out of San Leandro marina, it's much closer to the fishing grounds and it's free.

Ivan

Thanks Ivan!

Your right, we should launch out of San Leandro. That's where I used to go out of before, no use in changing something if it's not broke. Thanks much again for the feedback to you and any others who chip in. I'll keep you posted on how the trip went.

Fern-dog [smiley=odie.gif]

kromebrite
04-21-2007, 01:34 PM
I am a little further North in my approach, by Alameda. regardless of specific spots, you have the 'terrain' down pat.
Good reports come from the area you have mentioned. Best of luck.

Fern-dog
04-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I am a little further North in my approach, by Alameda. regardless of specific spots, you have the 'terrain' down pat.
Good reports come from the area you have mentioned. Best of luck.

Well, despite all the great info you guys have shared with me, looks like it will be later in the week or next weekend before we make the trip now. The other two guys are pretty nervous about the uncertainty of the weather, so to be safe, we will hold off for a few days or a week.

I do plan on hitting the area you guys have confirmed, also interested in moving up north some as well. Will post a report once we make the trip.

Thanks again to everyone. Just playing it safe and respecting good old mother nature! No fish is worth someone getting hurt.

Fern-dog [smiley=odie.gif]

jerdh71
04-21-2007, 08:43 PM
The channel out by the San Mateo is producing plenty of sharks and most were actually 7 gills I didnt get into anything big but there was non stop action. I actually would drive to coyote marina which is a longer trip on the road but just minutes by boat to your spot. If you are there before 8 am its only $3 and $8 dollars after 8am(they charge you for park fees) I ll be out just as soon as the weateher allows also.