PDA

View Full Version : Slump

bulletworm
01-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Alright guys i need your help...trying to break my trout slump:trout::cry:....haven't caught any in a really long time...i am willing to wait a few months if it is going to be better then but i want to catch fish now...what can i say i'm hooked..any one know of any fish plants or anywhere thats hot recently....

Fishbucket
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
The full moon has most places really quiet right now. Next week it should start getting better..

Do you have a boat? How far are you willing to go?

TroutGhost
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Trout Planting Schedule - Bay Delta Region - California Department of Fish and Game (http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Hatcheries/FishPlanting/BayDelta.asp)

bulletworm
01-11-2012, 07:05 AM
The full moon has most places really quiet right now. Next week it should start getting better..

Do you have a boat? How far are you willing to go?

no boat..as far as it takes...ok well within reason...about two hours of vacaville unless they got a camp site

ApexPredator
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I only caught one trout last year back in may so I really can't add much to this. But since it is that time of year I have been thinking where I can go as well to get some trout action. My short list is berryessa, chabot, san pablo. I hear chabot is very hit or miss and san pablo is suppose to produce some good sized trout. Ill def check back on this thread to see what other sniffers say.

EGangler
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure what the water level is like at berryessa, but I used to do pretty good years back from the shore in Capell Cove this time of year. There are a couple places to turn off between the inlet and the boat ramp and just climb down to the water. Not very wide there. I used minnows 2-3 feet under a bobber. Caught some Crappie and Salmon there too.

Good Luck!

bulletworm
01-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I'm not sure what the water level is like at berryessa, but I used to do pretty good years back from the shore in Capell Cove this time of year. There are a couple places to turn off between the inlet and the boat ramp and just climb down to the water. Not very wide there. I used minnows 2-3 feet under a bobber. Caught some Crappie and Salmon there too.

Good Luck!

I've never caught a trout at berreyesa DFG is supposed to be doing some planting any ideas where they will be or usually plant? any other tip appricated

bulletworm
01-11-2012, 02:51 PM
where is Capell Cove ?

ApexPredator
01-11-2012, 04:03 PM
It is the only free launch ramp at berryessa. It is at the bottom of the map in the link. I have only fished the lake once during the summer with my boat. Would love to know where to go during the winter.

Lake Berryessa, Napa County, California, Fishing Map, The Fish Sniffer Newspaper/Magazine Online (http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/berryessa.html)

bulletworm
01-11-2012, 04:13 PM
It is the only free launch ramp at berryessa. It is at the bottom of the map in the link. I have only fished the lake once during the summer with my boat. Would love to know where to go during the winter.

Lake Berryessa, Napa County, California, Fishing Map, The Fish Sniffer Newspaper/Magazine Online (http://www.fishsniffer.com/maps/berryessa.html)

ME TOO...i think i'm gonna try there but i'm debating just taking my daughter to the south shore trout pond at camanchee i got the scoop on the fish plant for tommorrow

PescaDude50
01-15-2012, 12:12 AM
I think you'll be better off fishing Lake Chabot, since you're fishing from shore. They stock the lake pretty routinely, it's about 1 1/2 hours from Vacaville, and it's a nice looking area. I've caught quite a few trout there in the past, although I haven't fished it in over a year. Most people use a sliding barrel sinker, swivel, 18-inch leader (4- to 6-lb test line) to a size 6 bait hook. They'll either thread on a nightcrawler, use powerbait (chartruese or white), or a combination of the two. I fish Berryessa a lot, but the trout fishing has really slowed after an extremely hot bite a couple of months ago, and you really need a boat at Berryessa to move around the lake. Good luck!

bulletworm
01-16-2012, 01:51 PM
thanks guys for the info really appricated it...unfortunatly i got sick this last week...was going to take out the kid ne ways since the wife was away for the weekend...but come sat morning she got sick so we unpacked the car and rested feeling alot better now so sat we will be at the south shore trout pond at camanchee ...had some friends do good there this weekend