PDA

View Full Version : Gimmie a good Black bean sauce recipe!

NorcalAngler
01-10-2012, 11:53 PM
I've had striper made this way before and it is sooo good!... anyone know how to make it?

BIG_ONE
01-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Stir fried, pan seered, or steamed?

NorcalAngler
01-17-2012, 05:44 PM
I'll take all of them! It would be great! I think I had it steamed last time.
Thanks BIG_ONE!

NorcalAngler
01-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Ok Thanks for no recipes guys! I guess no one knows. But has anyone ever tried it?? It tastes sooo good. So after countless searches and inquiries here is the recipe~

Baked Black Bean whole trout

1 medium sized trout or mild white fish
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tsp or 1/2 of a thumbs worth of fresh ginger, julienned
1 tbsp black bean sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp cooking oil
Sauce (to drizzle over fish /after cooked *see recipe below)

4-6 spring onions chopped or shredded
2 tblsp Soy sauce

2 tblsp Olive oil

​1 tsp sesame oil
Wash the fish thoroughly, inside and out and then pat dry with a clean towel. Cut deep diagonal slashes into the side of the fish, exposing the flesh but not the bones. Stir together the black bean sauce and the sugar. Put the fish in an oven safe pan or plate with high sides. Place 1/2 of the sliced garlic and ginger inside of the fish, spreading evenly and then rub half of the black bean and sugar sauce over fish. Turn fish over and rub on the rest of the black bean sauce, making sure the sauce is getting into the diagonal slices. Cover with plastic and let fish sit for about 20 minutes.
Heat oven to 350. Mix soy sauce, cooking wine, vinegar, remaining ginger and garlic, and oil and pour over the fish. If cooking vegetables with fish, place in the dish now. Cover dish with tin foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until flesh is flaky and opaque.

Sauce

In a small pan, heat 2 tblsp olive oil until almost smoking; remove from heat. Add 1 tsp sesame oil and 2 tblsp soy sauce and stir.

Serve
Remove fish from the oven and transfer to a plate, sprinkle with 4-6 spring onions chopped or shredded. Drizzle with the oil and soy sauce mixture. Serve hot with steamed rice.

BIG_ONE
03-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Sorry LOL. It went so quiet without you replying so this thread kind of got lost. Replace the black bean sauce with the actual black bean instead(canned is fine). You'll get the true flavor of the black bean with quality to your result.