PDA

View Full Version : Kudos To The DF&G

Fish_Onboard
04-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Went to Sea Ranch today ab diving getting a limit with the largest being 9.25". The water had some high waves and the visibilty sucked, but that hub cap made up for it ;)
On the way home we probably saw 5-6 DF&G wardens doing checks at various spots along the road. Also saw a Sonoma County Sheriff checking some divers. It is good to see them out there protecting our resources [smiley=clap.gif] It was the most that we have seen without there being a traffic stop in years.

be safe,
Lonnie

donzitroller
04-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Great to see them out there hittin the pavement! Thanks for the post!

derrickweldon
04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Hey Fish Onboard,
Where abouts in sea ranch do you dive? I usually dive the ocean cove area, but I'm unfamiliar with sea reach (other than I know its about 15 or so miles north).

thanks, Derrick

Fish_Onboard
04-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Hey Fish Onboard,
Where abouts in sea ranch do you dive? *I usually dive the ocean cove area, but I'm unfamiliar with sea reach (other than I know its about 15 or so miles north).

thanks, Derrick

I will send you a PM

sethonious
04-20-2007, 03:58 PM
They are always out in force when the tides get this low.

abdiver12
04-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Great to hear they're checking people out there, and on a Thursday too! I've been diving that area for years and have yet to encounter a warden which is good news for poachers. I've read that the most common violation is not having the holes punched out correctly so do it right and avoid a $500 fine guys!

basil
04-21-2007, 10:57 AM
Great to hear they're checking people out there, and on a Thursday too! I've been diving that area for years and have yet to encounter a warden which is good news for poachers. I've read that the most common violation is not having the holes punched out correctly so do it right and avoid a $500 fine guys!

Yah, and try to punch the holes out correctly on their stupid paper sheet! I've tried a hole punch, too tough for it. Pushing it through with a pen leaves a hanging chad. Pinch and rip with your fingernails can result in a big tear.

A ticket for improper punching is a bunch of crap if you have filled out the date and place section. If I got a ticket, I would supoena the fish and game to bring a punch card to court then hand it to the judge and say try and punch out spot. Now, while your doing it imagine that someone who has just gotten out of a 50 degree ocean and their hands are cold and soft from being in the water and their tactile feel is about 30%. My guess is the judge would tell the fishy warden that he shouldn't waste his time with this junk and throw it out of court.

abdiver12
04-21-2007, 11:58 AM
I totally agree man. Florida's hanging chads have got nothing on our ab punch cards. They are a royal pain in the a..!