PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake - I'm planning to go Thurs, any reports'?

victor
01-11-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm planning fishing at Collins Lake on Thursday. I was not able to get on their website and am now checking on the forum on any fishing updates. We plan to troll and using all the trolling techniques, down rigging, dodgers, sling blades, spinners and also worms. Any help to lead us in the right or general direction will be much appreciated. Thanks
Vic

CRABBY
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm planning fishing at Collins Lake on Thursday. I was not able to get on their website and am now checking on the forum on any fishing updates. We plan to troll and using all the trolling techniques, down rigging, dodgers, sling blades, spinners and also worms. Any help to lead us in the right or general direction will be much appreciated. Thanks
VicNothing currant cept this http://www.fishsniffer.com/trout-board/94537-nye-%40-collins.html
There website has been off an on all day,keep trying.
And Welcome to the Sniffer,Good luck at Collins..............Don

scnt junky
01-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Victor I went with some friends just before Christmas and we hammered them But they were all 12-14" all fish caught trolling toplining to 10 feet down. Most of the fish were caught between the dam and boat docks where the net pens are kept. Best producer was pumkin seed grubs and white grubs. Hope you get this before you go

robertalvis23
01-12-2012, 01:16 AM
I was there on Tuesday with my dad. We caught 9 between us from the shore. All were in the 12 inch range.

victor
01-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks all. We went to Collins Lake before we received your replies. A great thank you. As for Collins Lake, we arrived Thursday 1-12 at on the water at 9:30 am and back at the dock at 2:30. We caught 19 rainbows, lost 5 hook ups, kept 10. All were caught with spinners, such as Erler's, Mack's, in pink and chrome tipped with 1/2 nightcrawler. Trolled mainly the dam and a few time to the launch ramp. Trolled to 30 feet and top lined 10 feet deep. Sizes from 12-17".
It was a very nice day and warm from 10-1 pm, very little wind and water pretty flat. Bank fishing was light and mostly at the dam. Enjoyed the day, no crowds and just a few boats.
Victor :)