PDA

View Full Version : Good day at amador

Lucky Lund
01-11-2012, 07:50 PM
My buddy, Steve and I decided to go to Amador today. We arrived at the lake at 7:30, first hook up on a black wolley bugger 10 minutes out from the launch. The bite was pretty steady for about 2 hours. Had some grabs but didn't stick. Tried grubs and Rapala Hot Steel also, but the bugger was the flavor of the day 180' back. Hardly any boats or bankies today, very different from a couple of weeks ago. We ended up with 7 on the stringer, 3 LDR, and 1SDR, Steve was fishing barbless. Anyway it was a beautiful day fishing from his 17.5 Duckworth. Hope Camanche picks up alittle.

CRABBY
01-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Congrats LL,looks like Amador has/is picking up,not to many going there after it slowed down,good choice on your part.
Thanks for the update an tips on what to use,which probable changes day to day,180' that's a lot or reelin,LOL,Good Luck on your next trip....Don

Team Mc Fishing
01-11-2012, 10:53 PM
One of my team members went out with me monday there and we did good with 6 in the boat and at lest that many that either broke our 6 lb leaders or got off at the net. The same guy went out there days in a row last week and each day they wanted a totally different presentation. So thats what seems to be the game plan there lately, if you dont get a bite keep changing it up. I even have one of the fish on video breaking off the hook halfway to the boat.

Team Mc Fishing Pro Staff

Team Mc Fishing
01-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I meant to type he spent three days in a row there last week.

Racinrob
01-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Yes it was a good day. 2nd time there. Fishing from kayak I boated 11, LDR around 5, broke 1 nice one off. Lots of missed strikes. Kept 5 of the mutants for the smoker. Most on grub w/Kokanee gel. A few on j-9 minnow. One double that was fun to handle. Very long setbacks, 150' plus. .8-1.2MPH Minimal traffic out today. Very nice weather for Jan.

GuyBrown
01-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the reports fellows.

Team Mc Fishing: what were you using that worked?

Regards.

RogueJet
01-12-2012, 08:55 AM
8503Nice post Lucky,:trout: Glad to see the retirement is treating you good.

I take it you were toplining and what scents do you like and use.

What speed were you trollling at.

Lets see some pictures........... Thanks for the report.

Added a pic of Lucky.............

Team Mc Fishing
01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Our results were different each day, we did catch fish using UV sling blades with UV cripplure, on the downrigger to 15 feet. But we did just as good toplining hammered 50/50 ford fenders with a threaded crawler on a size 4 eagle claw bait holder hook about 24 inches below the flashers, running real slow. We even stopped the forward motion of the motor for about 15-30 seconds and let then drop and then they would hit on the take off again. Scent of choice, trophy trout pro-cure gel on the worm.