PDA

View Full Version : Candlestick Butts

recs1 JBF
04-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Sorry for the late post but just got home from work.

*We fished Sunday with a crew of me, my brother, dimpala95 and my son. *Started the day at 7:00am trolling off of Oyster Point for several hours for nada. *Around 1:00pm the wind started blowing pretty good, we watched all the other boats leave for the harbor. *It seemed like it was a tyhpoon out there! *We kept asking ourselves, Are we retarded cuz we were the only ones still out here? We were all just praying for the wind to stop. *We decided to troll towards Candlestick and then call it a day. *We trolled towards the Stick in the gusting wind and when we got within a half mile of the point the wind just stopped! *I think the fish gods were on our side today! *

About 3:00pm my brothers rod goes off, we get our first fish in the boat. *Mark the spot and go back around. *BAM! fish on again my brother is hooked up again, second fish in the boat. *Turn the boat round and do the same thing. *Hit the spot and my rod starts singing, *this time the fish is bigger. *We are three for three so we repeat the scenario over again, back to the spot and my brohers rod goes off again! *We know this fish is big because of all the line it was peeling. *After a short battle my brother lands his first limit of the season!!
We trolled the area till 5:00 for no other fish. Called it a day and headed back to the barn.

Back out there on Monday to try to see if we could get into them again . *Well we get to the spot and right as we pass over it my brother gets his first fish. *Is this gonna happen again I ask myself. *Go back around and this time it's my buddy's rod, *get the fish on the boat and try it again. *Two for two I'm starting to think it's gonna happen again. *Next pass nothing so we repeat this process several times for zero. *It was blowing stronger today then on Sunday so we decided to pull the plug early on this one and head for the barn early. *

Ended the with 6 halibuts ranging from 7 pounds to my brothers 20 pounder! *All fish were caught trolling an FBR behind a flasher in 10 to 20 feet of water during the outgoing tide. *Water on both days was a little murky.

Sorry I don't have pictures of the fish from Monday, I forgot to charge the batteries before we went out.

Picture of Sundays catch!
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7362/halibutfishingii0003fy4.jpg

One more
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2728/halibutfishingii0005mn4.jpg

Me and my brother *
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/953/headlessoe9.jpg

Jerrdirt
04-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Nice report guys. Thanks! Looks like they're starting to show up, woo-hoo. A few more weeks the stripers should be flowing in through the gates as well ;).

fishing brian
04-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Ok Seriously Whats with the faces being blocked in the pics?? :o

Nice fish guys.-LUNKER-

dimpala95
04-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Nice fish guys.-LUNKER-

It's not a good idea to post your pic with fishing results when you called in sick from work. ;)

fishing brian
04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Oh I see. It's all coming together now. ;D

gmdcdvm
04-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Did I miss it in the post, FBR, flasher, but what kind of bait? Frozen anchovie, sardine, other?

SturgeonVirgin
04-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Ended the with 6 halibuts ranging from 7 pounds to my brothers 20 pounder! All fish were caught trolling an FBR behind a flasher in 10 to 20 feet of water during the outgoing tide. Water on both days was a little murky.

yeah its there.

GCinGV
04-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Good job guys.
The first trip I did when I first got a GPS we did exactly the same thing off Candlestick. I think GPS has got me more Halibut then the depth finder ever will. I never realized how tight the Halibut stack together until I started using one.
GC

dimpala95
04-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Did I miss it in the post, FBR, flasher, but what kind of bait? Frozen anchovie, sardine, other?

Popsicle anchovies.

dukedempsey
04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
i think ive seen these mugs in the post office ;D great job u guys!

recs1 JBF
04-18-2007, 09:45 AM

Nice fish guys.-LUNKER-

Some of Us had to cAll in sick from work to go on the trip *;) ;) ;) . *I just didn't want anyone to get caught playing HOOKIE *;D ;D ;D .

h00kie
04-20-2007, 07:56 AM

Nice fish guys.-LUNKER-

Some of Us had to cAll in sick from work to go on the trip *;) ;) ;) . *I just didn't want anyone to get caught playing HOOKIE *;D ;D ;D .
HAHA ;D ;D

Nice catch fellas!

GT
04-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Nice catch Recs! The beauty on the block-head pic is not the fish but the Grady. ;)

Aquarius
04-20-2007, 12:12 PM
One of them BUTTS little undersized and underaged, what do you call a guy who messes with undersized BUTTS. I'm not witty enough to come up with anything butt a name must be out there some were.
Good catches fellas.

realdeal
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
are any party boats doing butt trips yet?

Intimidator
04-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Right on way to go.
My self I just kick down the boss with some fish, no blocked faces for me.

MB_Kevin
04-20-2007, 08:25 PM
Good Job Recs! LOOKS fun 8-)

dimpala95
04-20-2007, 09:21 PM
are any party boats doing butt trips yet?

Cal Dawn.

realdeal
04-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Thanks