PDA

View Full Version : amador banking

lowery125
01-14-2012, 12:37 AM
does anyone do much banking at amador? if so can anyone give some help. last few times up there i have been skunked.

WhopperStopper
01-14-2012, 12:51 AM
does anyone do much banking at amador? if so can anyone give some help. last few times up there i have been skunked.

I would fish shallow like within the top 5 feet of water and if u r fishing on the bottom, dont cast too far out. The banks are super steep so the water gets deep fast.

lowery125
01-14-2012, 01:23 AM
thanks im thinking of heading out sunday. do you know by the dam or spill way is doing better

Bigg A
01-14-2012, 06:47 AM
thanks im thinking of heading out sunday. do you know by the dam or spill way is doing better

Just move around until you find active fish......surface activity is what your looking for....Good luck!!!!

finsane
01-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I went out there saturday and we only landed one 3lb between 3 guys and tried several different methods. The only one that seemed to work was casting towards shore with a wooly bugger and clear bobber. Using a rooster tail or other small spinner would probably work as well[ we got strikes on these but nothing stuck]. We spoke to people who had some impressive stringers and they were using powerbait, they said 2 or 3 foot leader and to cast within 10 feet from shore. I do believe his method as we saw many, many fish rising very close to the bank. Hope this helps.

Gene St. Denis
01-16-2012, 06:26 AM
Excellant Advice Finsane !!! gst