PDA

View Full Version : Piers or Docks in south(San jose end) SF bay?

Bran_Sunwolf
04-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Hey folks;

I was wondering if anyone knew of legal places(public fishing piers, marinas that allow public access etc) to fish or in my case crab, in the south bay around the San Jose end. You know Mountain View etc..

I tried looking online, but couldn't really find anywhere listed, so I thought I'd come to my best resource for anything fishing related.

Thanks..

Fish_R_Us
04-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Dumbarton Pier (Palo Alto side) may be your best access. I don't know if there are any accessible places around the Alviso area, but the place gets pretty stagnant at times. Perhaps the Salt Flats between Dumbarton and San Mateo Bridges (both sides) have some spots. The old San Mateo Bridge Pier (Foster City) is still closed, probably forever. Bummer. There are some sloughs off of the Woodside Rd.(east), past the RWC Marina in Redwood City which may be accessible via bicycle. They are close to the new office complexes at the end. Your crabbing and fishing prospects are better between the San Mateo and the GG Bridge or the East Bay side.

Mako
04-16-2007, 10:39 AM
There's no good crabbing in the South Bay. But if you head up to the Bay Bridge to the Gate it coul dbe excellent !

tracy-ed
04-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Dumbarton East Palo Alto side is CLOSED. (Too bad, it used to put you right over the channel.)

Dumbarton Fremont side is open. There are usually a couple of guys fishing there so something must be in the water there. Sharks and rays I think.....

I cross the San Mateo bridge a lot diving to job-sites over there and I don't see anything that looks like fishing access at either end.

Up by coyote point, there are some shore fishing spots that see a decent amount of activity.

Good luck-

-Ed

icaughtu
04-18-2007, 09:19 PM
where do you guys think is the best place to fish around the bay area.Id like to catch some decent fish off the bank.