PDA

View Full Version : Amador January 15 2012

GuyBrown
01-16-2012, 08:37 AM
2 Rainbows to 2# (released), 2 HNS, no LDR, none broken off, no SDR. A very slow, cold in the early morning, but beautiful day at Amador. My lucky dog, Spike, joined me on the outing with his sweater & a blanket. I bait fished Power Bait on the bottom for half an hour, trolled the rest of the day. The action I had was on the orange (1) grub, headed by PB Red fluorescent sparkle egg, tipped with a PB Rainbow nugget, smeared with Trophy Trout gel at 2 colors (1) of lead core and the F& Black & Silver Rapala (1). The few persons I talked to said it was a slow day, 0, 1 or 2 fish per boat. 1.3-1.6 mph. 3 locations Doney Bay (2), Jackson Creek, marina cove. No action on Apexes, 4/0 dodger/night crawler, one & 2-fly rigs, Power Bait on the surface or the 3-way Alabama/umbrella rig (plastic bait on the bottom, orange grubs on the wings). 6 hours (7-1), 9 miles. Water 50-51.2*. Air 30-55. Sky clear. Wind 0-2 mph. Sunrise 7:23, % moon visible 67 waning.

mgcrumster
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Hello GuyBrown,

Thanks for the report, I have watched Amador reports for a few months, and the Lake seems Hot, and cold, although I haven't fished there I, hope to try there this year. The lake that I have fished the most, Shaver Lake is now empty, with maintenance being done to the inside of the Damn. This has forced me to try Lakes further North, like Mcswain, and Don Pedro. Best Wishes mgcrumster....:fishing5xd: