PDA

View Full Version : Ice House 01/16

Jason
01-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Picked a friend up in El Dorado Hills and headed up the hill. Little bit of frost and ice on Ice House Road, so I take it a little slow. Come up one of the corners not to far from Ice House Resort and the trailer gets a little wobbly. Tap my brakes and start the slide. I'm thinking, "This isn't good", and I end up high centering the front A frame on a rock. Couple other guys heading up and stop to help. Lucky for me, I keep a floor jack, small shovel, and pry bar in my truck box. Took about 1/2 hour to get out of this mess. We hit the water around 8:00 a.m. and start trolling. Water temp. was 38 degrees, so the bite was tough, we end the day with 2 trout in the boat, with about 4 ldr's. It was sunny, but cold. Line kept freezing on the guides. So if you go up, drive careful, and be prepared.

americainR_guy
01-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Plenty of safer places around this time of year to catch fish closer to home but if want to goto up high and you are not prepared for high country winter conditions a person can get themselves into real trouble! 4x4 a must! shovel, chains, good tires, jack, winch, tow straps, extra clothes, food ect. Glad your ok and even a got a few to the boat! 8-)