PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake 1/16

scnt junky
01-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Hit Collins for a short trip only had a few hours to fish. Fished from 730-12 had 18 hookups 15 to the boat all small 12-15" depth was top to 10'feet great day the kids had alot of fun. Best bait was grubs'pumpkinseed,smoke,and white. Speed 1-1.7 mph.

CRABBY
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Hit Collins for a short trip only had a few hours to fish. Fished from 730-12 had 18 hookups 15 to the boat all small 12-15" depth was top to 10'feet great day the kids had alot of fun. Best bait was grubs'pumpkinseed,smoke,and white. Speed 1-1.7 mph.Way to go Tom,sounds like Collins is still the best place to go,Kathy says there supposed to do a Trophy plant there next month should be some big ones,just in time for the weather change.HA...........Don

americainR_guy
01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the report! I have not been here in years. I might take my girlfriend up there or Englebright soon. She has complained that she still hasn't caught a rainbow! lol. Even the times I took her to places where I though she would catch a rainbow on accident, all we ended up getting was browns!:signfishon34hi6zv: Though Collins has browns too and I havn't caught one there yet. So it could be fun for me too!!:yahoo:

scnt junky
01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Don yes bigger fish would be nice Im planning on gouing back when they start putting the big boys in. Tell Hope Nicole and the boys say hi!!!! AR guy as for browns I need to hook a few of those beasts, The browns at Collins are few and far between I havent caught 1 in a couple of years.