PDA

View Full Version : west carson tributary streams?

dirty530
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
has anyone fished any of the west carson tributary streams? (red lake creek, blue lakes creek, crater lake creek, etc.)
any info on west carson tributaries west of the HWY88 & West Carson river intersection is appreciated! thanks.

Dirty

p.s. i'm aware of regulations :)

borntoscout
01-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Many years ago I enjoyed dappling dry flies for brookies in Horsethief Canyon Creek.

TheGreatBasshole
01-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Dirty530

Sent you pm.

Trout Spanker
04-22-2013, 09:06 AM
"p.s. i'm aware of regulations :smile:"

I'm not aware of the "regulations" for these tributaries. Don't they follow the normal rules and regulations for the sierra district and there for would be under the same regulations as the West Carson because there are no "special fishing regulations" for the West C.?

(6) All other streams except those listed by name in the
Special Regulations.

Last Saturday in Apr. through Nov. 15
5 per day
10 in possession

Please correct me if I"m wrong and point me to the correct DFW page.

Captain Compassion
04-22-2013, 10:02 AM
You are correct Trout Spanker. I've fished Red Lake Creek on many occasions. Lots of small Brookies and an occasional LCT.

CC

Don - Nevada
04-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Captain C,

If you fished Red Lake Creek in the late spring, if you were like me, you were fishing with one hand and swatting mosquitoes with the other hand.

LOL

Trout Spanker
04-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Whew! Thanks CC. I fished Red Creek as well last year and although I released all of them lil brookies I was a bit nervous :nerves:that I missed something in the regs. Maybe I'll spank an LCT next time. Reminds me of fishing beaver dams in the Colorado Rockies.

Captain Compassion
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Whew! Thanks CC. I fished Red Creek as well last year and although I released all of them lil brookies I was a bit nervous :nerves:that I missed something in the regs.

Note: the limit for Brookies in Red Lake Creek and some of the other waters is 10 fish:

(B) IN THE SIERRA DISTRICT SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 80, UP TO 10 BROOK TROUT PER DAY LESS THAN 10
INCHES TOTAL LENGTH MAY BE TAKEN AND POSSESSED IN ADDITION TO THE OTHER DAILY BAG AND POSSESSION LIMITS SPECIFIED FOR THE SIERRA DISTRICT. THIS ALLOWANCE DOES NOT INCLUDE RED LAKE IN ALPINE COUNTY OR KIRMAN, LANE OR ROOSEVELT LAKES IN MONO COUNTY

Don. When you smoke as much as I do the skeeters tend to leave you alone. http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Everything_Else/Peace_and_Hippies/Old_hippie.gif

CC

CAL.NDN
04-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Lol your funny Richard but mite be on to something them skeeters leave me alone to but i only smoke about 15 non filters a day well if real bored mabey a pack. But i know one thing the fish sure love the smell of em.on.my hands because it never stops me from slaying lol :)

Captain Compassion
04-22-2013, 06:18 PM
But i know one thing the fish sure love the smell of em.on.my hands because it never stops me from slaying lol :)

I've often got into discussions about the use of scents on lures. On day at Block House on Pyramid I was having a discussion on this topic with a couple of other Sniffers I was fishing with. I'm somewhat of a skeptic on this. I had my usual indian cigrette in my hand, took a drag and spit on the lure I was using. Two casts later I hooked and landed the biggest LCT I've gotten in 40 years. I'm just sayin'.

Tobacco Loving Cutthroat
http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/LCT-01.jpg

CC

CAL.NDN
04-22-2013, 07:23 PM
Love it captain!!!!!!!

Trout Spanker
04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Captain Compassion;919976]Note: the limit for Brookies in Red Lake Creek and some of the other waters is 10 fish:

Thanks again CC. Lil Wild Brookies are my favorite next to kokes for freshwater fish. Unfortunately the one's I caught were too small for my dinner plate and were left to swim another day. Such a small vulnerable area too. I once cleared out a creek/beaver damn over 20 years ago in Colorado when I was a kid, still feel guilty. I might try to limit out those 10 brookies at Crater Lake when the road gets good.

iggybabble
04-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I forget the name, but the little creek that runs right behind the Kirkwood Inn is loaded with little Brookies........park next door to the Inn in the dirt parking lot and work your way downstream. 1/16oz or so spinners on UL gear, and its pretty steady action. when your done, the Inn serves up good food and beverages. its right in the area your talking about, try it out, it doesnt see much pressure, or at least ive never seen many anglers

mokefly
04-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Kirkwood creek and Caples creek have brookies. When I lived in Kirkwood i would hike down below the Kirkwood Inn and catch brookies and bows with the occasional brown on a fly. Beautiful area.

Jetspray
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Captain C,

If you fished Red Lake Creek in the late spring, if you were like me, you were fishing with one hand and swatting mosquitoes with the other hand.

LOL

Heck just put a couple of dryer sheets in your pockets, they'll stay away Don.......Jetspray

Marv
04-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Heck just put a couple of dryer sheets in your pockets, they'll stay away Don.......Jetspray

If you wear a hat throw one in there too. If the mosquitos are really thick, take the sheets from your pocket and rub on arms and neck then put back in pocket.

Jetspray
04-24-2013, 03:44 PM
If you wear a hat throw one in there too. If the mosquitos are really thick, take the sheets from your pocket and rub on arms and neck then put back in pocket.

Yep it takes a special "rubba dubb" to get rid of those blood suckers:nunu5pn:......Jetspray