PDA

View Full Version : Perch fishing

Earlyo
04-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Anyone out perch fishing having any luck? Went out to Pomponio last weekend with not a single bite for anyone on the beach! Surf was pretty rough. My friend is going it again tomorrow and I will post his report. Let me know how you are doing and where!

Fishmom
04-14-2007, 01:23 PM
My husband and I just returned from a week in the Mendocino area. *We fished at McKerricher on an incoming tide with little luck, just one barred about 10 inches, but before Easter we were at Manchester Beach where we found some redtails of good size, one at least 13 inches. *The surf was wild that day, but in just an hour fishing I caught 4 nice ones. *All released, all caught on MORF grubs.

Manchester State Beach is a nice place to camp if you don't require showers and flushies. *It doesn't seem to get as much traffic as many state parks, the campsites are more than generous, and we had fun watching the many deer, rabbits, and hawks that frequent the area.

Kid_Dynamite
04-14-2007, 03:45 PM
haven't caught any in over a week....somethings going on and i have no clue what it is.....i was nailin them 2 weeks ago and catching like an average of 12 a day.....most was 16....idunno maybe the fishing will pick up again soon

Earlyo
04-14-2007, 09:04 PM
My husband and I just returned from a week in the Mendocino area. *We fished at McKerricher on an incoming tide with little luck, just one barred about 10 inches, but before Easter we were at Manchester Beach where we found some redtails of good size, one at least 13 inches. *The surf was wild that day, but in just an hour fishing I caught 4 nice ones. *All released, all caught on MORF grubs.

Manchester State Beach is a nice place to camp if you don't require showers and flushies. *It doesn't seem to get as much traffic as many state parks, the campsites are more than generous, and we had fun watching the many deer, rabbits, and hawks that frequent the area.

Is that the beach next to the KOA? It is a nice beach but I have never fished it. Just stayed at the KOA when we go for abalone at Pt Arena.

Earlyo
04-14-2007, 09:04 PM
haven't caught any in over a week....somethings going on and i have no clue what it is.....i was nailin them 2 weeks ago and catching like an average of 12 a day.....most was 16....idunno maybe the fishing will pick up again soon

What area were you fishing when you were catching?

Kid_Dynamite
04-15-2007, 06:01 AM

What area were you fishing when you were catching?
perch....and *if lucky a couple of small 1-3lb stripers(nothing to bragg about or get excited) ;)

Fishmom
04-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Yes, it is right next to the KOA. If I were going for abalone, I think I'd want the KOA amenities too! This was the first time I'd fished Manchester Beach. We walked to the south toward Pt. Arena and found a nice hole there. I plan to try it again some time when I have more time.

BASNFAN
04-15-2007, 03:17 PM
We stayed at that KOA in 1993 but I did not fish the beach then, just at Pt. Arena. That KOA was quite pricy back then, I think it was $36 or $38 a night. Has it gone up a lot?
BASNFAN

Earlyo
04-15-2007, 04:12 PM
My brother paid for it last time but I think the tent sites aren't that much. I thought it was under $20 and the cabins around $40. I think.