PDA

View Full Version : Pedro 1-19-12 Sun-up 2 Sun-down

schatgun
01-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Well, I met my new fishin buddy, KW, in Chinese Camp and offto Pedro from there. We were on thewater about 30 min prior to sun up so we slowly made our way from MoccasinMarina out past the 5 mph buoys’. Gotour gear ready and set & as the sun creeped over the hilltop….the trollbegan.
We worked the lake from Moccasin to Jenkins/Oak Hill andevery creek/cove in between. Fish were sporadic and their lure of choicewas inconsistent. We presented them withseveral different buffets to choose from and it was hit & miss. So we cycled through lures like a newbornbaby goes through diapers.
KW took an early lead with the fish count and jumped up onme 8 to 0….ouch. Then I went back to myold faithful…..firetiger Rapala J5 on the sideplaner. I put a bead of sweat across KW’s brow, I wascoming back with a fury….My only obstacle was I ran out of dang daylight.
Ended the day : KW = 11 fish, Me 8….However, I did have thebiggest fish of the day….approx. 2 to 2.5 lbs. KW took a picture of it with his Iphone ….at which time I discovered heis a far superior angler than photographer. The other fish were your typical DFG’ers ….but really full fire &fury.
We target Kings for a while to no avail. KW kindly educated me on several newtechniques and fishing spots and I graciously thank him for that. Had a great day with a great new fishing pal….ThnxKW…”The Delinquent”...yep & looking forward to doing it again. Never met a man with so much dang tackle….makesBass Pro and Fisherman’s warehouse look like a couple of chumps….Gorgeous geartoo.
Sorry, no pics this time….we were too busy cycling throughtackle and shooting the BS.
The Skinny:
Spoons: just about every color worked but not consistently…hadkeep burning through them. From topwater down to approx 25’ = majority of fish 8 or 9?
Green spinner w/ chorme dodger tipped with nightcrawler……12’= 3 or 4 fish
Firetiger Rapala J5…..sideplaner …… 8 fish
Ran out of daylight….thank God for GPS….we had to follow thepink line back to Moccasin from the power lines in total darkness…..felt likeHansel and Grettel following the crumb trail back…Me being Hansel & KWbeing Grettel of course.

RideNfish
01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Good job out there! I know you worked it hard. Hey, at least no skunk! So far I'm 7-0 for skunks and want to keep it goin. Bummer about the no pics, those are always fun. :)

:cheers:

CRABBY
01-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Good for you guys for gettin out there,an for stickin to it,not a bad day in my book an I guess the rain held off,lucky you.
LOL,done that a few times with the GPS gets a little eerie when there's not even a moon or shore lights.
Next time pics!!!!!!!........Don

Marv
01-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Dang it i was sending you a pm about this as you were posting, lol. Im bad at that :) so disregaurd it.

Nice job, and way to rally back and give chase :) I was telling ride i always wanna detour there but im goo goo gaga for Melones right now. I know how much you like Melones as well, so kudos for trying new spots. RideNfish whooped me too the other day but i hung in there as best as i could but he's dangerous with a bubble and bugger.

Kyle Wise
01-20-2012, 04:26 PM
It was a pleasure fishing with you,had a great time on the water. Next time your side of the boat will be the lucky one. I'm looking forward to the next outing. :) I might even have a little gift ready for you. ;)

AngelosPop
01-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Glad you got into them this time. But..................... No Pics / didn't happen :nunu5pn: Hahaha!

schatgun
01-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Everyone is getting spoiled with the pic ng.. .. I could fished had a great day and kept it to myself.... Or had a great day and lied and said we had a terrible day to keep others away.... I don't do that, I share because I care.
I'll start taking pics of random things just to get you guys off my back.... Lol

If you have time for pics your not catching fish.... Ha ha ha :flip:

Kyle Wise
01-20-2012, 09:25 PM
The only pic that was taken and it's a crappy one:embarassed:

Here's a few pics of the Mag Taclke spinner and Spoons I used.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/111kyle/dd54fbe7.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/111kyle/92ef3d83.jpg

They want pics to seek out our spots. Lol
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e94/111kyle/f0211e80.jpg

mgcrumster
01-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Hello schatgun,

Thanks for sharing your long, but productive day at Don Pedro... I haven't fished from the Moccasin Point Recreation area yet, just the Fleming ramp to Middle bay area. I saw the spoons KW was using, can't see how any upstanding rainbow wouldn't like those, they are nice and bright, with lots of flash!!! Please keep the reports coming, they help those new to trolling, like my son and I...

Best Wishes.. mgcrumster:trout:

Slapabow
01-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Those are some quality hours spent on a very large body of water.
It's the " trout terminator ":D
Thanks for the post.