PDA

View Full Version : Kids first fishing trip

lincolncaster
01-23-2012, 07:33 PM
The kids are ready for there first trip out, im look for a good lake or pond to bank from that would produce some trout any help would be great

RideNfish
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
It would really help if you filled out your profile to include the city you are from. We have no idea what part of the state you are from. :) You will also find more people to fish with if your city is filled out. No if you want to avoid all the fishing wakko's around here then leave it as is. LOL

Cheers,

ampm
01-24-2012, 08:55 AM
A good place to start would be one of the private ponds where you pay to fish for the day, they will usually have everything you need and a non-threatening environment. If you actually live in Lincoln like your moniker suggets, try Big M fishery on Nicolas rd.

Marv
01-24-2012, 09:52 AM
With the amount of info you supplied it's hard to help. So here is the best i can help. A lot of lakes in the foothill/moutains are stocked, wich means its easier to catch fish from the bank.

Call your local lakes and ask if they stock trout also, when was the last time they stocked. Look on DFG website and check the stocking list for the county you live in.

Sac/Striper/Slayer
01-24-2012, 12:40 PM
IF u don't mind fishing for catfish I would suggest Gibson ranch because it's close and even now I get a catfish almost evey cast. The weather kind of sucks in the mountains for kids but my 3 year old landed a 12" and about a 4lber after that last Sunday at donner on power bait. If u do live in lincoln go give the bank at Folsom a try for trout using crawlers or p bait or minnows for bigger fish. Another ok place when they plant is Halsey forebay. Not far from auburn and I have caught many fish over 5lbs from the bank and they seem to b nice quality fish. Crawlers or p bait at that lake. Hope that helps

CRABBY
01-24-2012, 12:55 PM
A good place to start would be one of the private ponds where you pay to fish for the day, they will usually have everything you need and a non-threatening environment. If you actually live in Lincoln like your moniker suggets, try Big M fishery on Nicolas rd.Hey guys I'm gonna take a wild guess he is from Lincoln also cuz of his board name,so he's in good company.......Don :animal-smiley-053:

lincolncaster
01-25-2012, 12:18 AM
sorry guys i do live in lincoln and will update my profile
thanks for the tips

redneckpunk
01-25-2012, 07:25 PM
I havent been there since NYE and the recent rains but Collins Lake above Marysville was very productive.

~RNP

CRABBY
01-25-2012, 07:34 PM
I havent been there since NYE and the recent rains but Collins Lake above Marysville was very productive.

~RNP+ 1,worth the trip..an it's much quieter now since RNP is gone,LOL.....Don

redneckpunk
01-25-2012, 08:21 PM
+ 1,worth the trip..an it's much quieter now since RNP is gone,LOL.....Don

Not so quick SG, heading back up there on sunday with the g/f's kids and some friends and their rugrats. :teaseku9:

~RNP

CRABBY
01-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Not so quick SG, heading back up there on sunday with the g/f's kids and some friends and their rugrats. :teaseku9:

~RNPOh boy,better make it for sat.lincoln,trust me:yoda23uk:...Don

westcoasterjim
01-26-2012, 03:17 PM
sorry guys i do live in lincoln and will update my profile
thanks for the tips

Hey send me a PM. I live in downtown Lincoln near the "old" Mc D and would be glad to help you out. Do lunch???? Send me your Ph number and I will do the same. There are some great fishing guys right here in Lincoln!

Jim