PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa anyone??

ott2fish
01-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Anyone got good/recent intel on Berryessa?

Starcraft27
01-25-2012, 02:34 PM
headed there tomorrow morning. I will post report

Starcraft27
01-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Got on the water at 730am. Maybe 20-30ft visibility in the fog. If I didn't have my gps I'm not sure I could have went out. Trout were jumping. Had two in the boat by 9:30 outside of skiers cove. The fog was burning off, and I headed over to the big island where Capn Nemo was as we were reporting back and forth over the radio. Picked up another 5 in that area, but let one go because it was a dink. 4 got off, 2 of which were really nice sized and left us right at the boat.

All fish caught on top on different apexes and wee tads behind dodgers and flashers. 6 fish kept were all around 17" Not a bad day.

Nice to meet you Capn Nemo! Hope to see you out there again.

ott2fish
01-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks Starcraft27. I appreciate the information. Heading out there tomorrow am. Will put your intel to the test. I hope to return the favor at some point. (I'm admittedly a novice at this).

Capt Nemo
01-27-2012, 10:37 AM
Got on the water at 730am. Maybe 20-30ft visibility in the fog. If I didn't have my gps I'm not sure I could have went out. Trout were jumping. Had two in the boat by 9:30 outside of skiers cove. The fog was burning off, and I headed over to the big island where Capn Nemo was as we were reporting back and forth over the radio. Picked up another 5 in that area, but let one go because it was a dink. 4 got off, 2 of which were really nice sized and left us right at the boat.

All fish caught on top on different apexes and wee tads behind dodgers and flashers. 6 fish kept were all around 17" Not a bad day.

Nice to meet you Capn Nemo! Hope to see you out there again.

Nice to meet you as well, Starcraft27! A great day on the water.

We caught most of our trout south and east of Goat Island. Most were on the surface with a blue Humdinger and blue Cripple Lure, no dodgers. Trolled at 1.5-2.0 mph. Even stopped where they were jumping and picked up a couple just casting! We tried other stuff, like Apex, Kastmaster, and other colors, but blue was it for us.

Between 0830 and 1100, we hooked about a dozen, lost 2 at the boat, released a small koke, and boated 6 fish. We ended up with 8 nice trout in the cooler (photo attached--hard to let that first one go). Aside from the first one (the 12-incher), they ran 14-15 inches and about a pound each.

Good, hard fighting fish and a great day outdoors.

Adoboat
01-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the report. Nice fish!

crazyfisher
01-27-2012, 10:08 PM
thinking of heading there tomorrow or sunday from shore...any recommendation location for trout? went there last year but only caught bass. any info is appreciation

Fish_For_It
01-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the report and great information. It looks like the trout are making a decent comeback at Berryessa. At least it is some good activity until the other species decide to bite.