PDA

View Full Version : Easter Butts

krzyfshrmn
04-08-2007, 02:52 PM
After a dismal day of salmon fishing on the opener in Santa Cruz with only one fish landed, we decided to head to the South Bay saturday night and fish Oyster Point for a few hours this morning.

Turned out to be a good call......for 3 hours of fishing, we landed 3 legal butts, one shaker, and one LDR. Rlammi "BUTT" hunter scored the big fish of the day with a whopping 41" 26.5 pounder. All I can say is that was one of the most impressive fish I've seen. The other legals were 22" and 24". Ron also scored our only salmon of the day saturday.

Will have pics of the beast up later..........must shower now ;D

cuhogn
04-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Good job Krazy, wish is was a little better yesterday.

keciga1
04-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Good job on the fish Erick. Ron, congrats on the only salmon and biggest butt. That butt just gives you something to look forward to for the fest.

Ivan

keciga1
04-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Here's the pic. Nice butt Ron.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/873/showletterwa8.jpg

Ivan

realdeal
04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
NIIIIICE :o

mike22ca
04-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I thought that was you that I heard on the radio Eric ;). We were out there shark fishin and did pretty well. Man it was beautiful in the AM but WHOOAAAA the afternoon got nasty as HELL.

Farrier_Frank
04-09-2007, 05:17 AM
Hey Krzy... a little off topic here: Yesterday Pink Boat and I were fishing UVR, only 4 boats on the water and one boat looked like yours so I pulled out the binocs and sure enough the guy looked just like you - the guy, the boat, the dog in the bow had Krzy written all over it - so I told PB to pull in closer, and the closer we got I was sure it was you so I hollered over at the guy, "HEY! ARE YOU KRZY?" Well let me tell you I'll never do that again, pull up to a complete stranger and holler, "ARE YOU KRZY". The guy had no sense of humor so PB and I motored on over to the other side of the lake with our tails tucked in.[smiley=duh.gif]

Back on topic: Nice butt. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

rlammi
04-09-2007, 06:17 AM
Thanks for posting up the picture Ivan .Was a goood choice to head down to Oyster Point and try for sime BUTT'S . Thanks for putting us on fish KRZY ,and those rigs were awesome Like Rodney said you gotta market them .For the second BUTT I have ever caught was and awesome hit screaming drag from the start, thought I was snagged then felt the fish .Again great time over the weekend THanks again Roney and KRZY for inviting me had a great time ,sorry dinner took so long dang wind ;D
Ron

Bassassin
04-09-2007, 08:20 AM
DANG...nice fat butt! :) Nice hearing you guys out there yesterday. We cut out around noon with only one scratched bait for our efforts. Most of our time was spent at the flats. When the wind kicked up it was enough for us to pull the plug. Looking forward to the next time already. :)

sunracer1957
04-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Yep making the call to bail on the Salmon paid off in spades. At first rlammi thought he had a snag and I said RON THAT AINT NO SNAG as it proceded to peal line off his reel. What a beautiful fish and a real hog!!

Rlammi proved to have the hot stick for the weekend and he can also cook a mean tritip!! Thanks for coming Ron I'm really glad you got into a few ( in reality I'm jelouse as h#ll ) Krzy again thanks for all you do ;) I was just glad to get out of the office and the valley for a great weekend of fishing with great friends.. :)

Rlammi yo da man [smiley=worthy.gif] I think that was big fish for the weekend that wasen't a Sturgeon???

PS: The pic dosen't do that fish justice it hardley fit into the big cooler we had to bend the tail to make it fit!!!

Rock_Hopper
04-09-2007, 09:46 AM
WTG, fellas. Thanks for the report!

rlammi
04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
And then even after it was clubbed a few times the dang thing kept trying to get out f the ice box :o even with it latched it would knock the top open and start flopping ,thankfully the first time it didn't go over board .

I to was glad to get great company and one heck of a leaning expierience for both Salmon and the Butt's .Rodney how did the fillets come ut of those Butt's ? Thanks again for the invite would go any time any place . ;)
Ron

sunracer1957
04-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Rlammi

Your fish are ready to go!! vacume sealed and labled ;) Salmon too my friend. Your big fish plus the two small keepers netted 22lbs of filets ;)I'll call ya so I can get your fish to ya ;) Hey I have to run 3 Crab pots over to Donzi you live close to him don't you? maybe I could kill two birds with one stone??

rlammi
04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Yah Donzi is in Citrus Heights and I am right next door in Rseville ;let me know when and were .

22lbs of meet now that is alot of BUTT ;D ,like you said nt alot of waste for three fish .
Ron

Redwine
04-10-2007, 08:30 AM
Question?

Where can you buy live bait near Oyster Point?

Thanks!