PDA

View Full Version : slamador 1/26

Jfitalia
01-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Well after having to work a ton over the past few weeks my girlfriend Chrissy and I decided to head back up to Amador. She has yet to really experience "Slamador"... So away we went and left the house at 6:15am and were launched and fishing by 7:30. We went straight across the lake towards the spillway and started to troll towards the back of the and within 5 minutes her rod goes bendo!!! I knew at that point we were gonna have a great bite!!! We spent the next 6hrs boating over 20 fish and some decent size ones to boot! We could never really establish a pattern but some lures caught more than others. The only consistant thing was our drop backs were around 100-115ft. There were as usual to many dam boats which in turn hurts the fishing.....

Lures:
12 caught on pink power worm
2 on mega bait
1 on pink grub
1 on woolly bugger
1 on purple/pink/green grub
7 on firetiger grub
2 on orange/white grub

scents: all pro cure
most on carp spit, the rest on trophy trout, krill, threadfin shad, krill/anise

Jfitalia
01-26-2012, 06:40 PM
a few more pics

Adoboat
01-26-2012, 06:47 PM
It was nice to see you out there today. It was a short introduction since one of your 20 fish interrupted us.

It was a good day of fishing today, although we didn't get 20 fish. No particular spot produced more fish. It seemed like we would get a fish, go back and troll the same spot for no hits, then move on.

We used flies: wooly buggers, buck tails, and leaches. Night crawler and power egg worked too, but not as well as the flies. No hits on grubs.

Team Mc Fishing
01-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Good post and report.
Thanks for sharing. I see you and your boat sometimes but never remember to say hi on the water.
love that pro-cure dont they?

Team Mc Fishing Pro Staff

CRABBY
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Wow ck.out the new Man,way to go J,looks like you two kicked butt at poor ol Amador!!!!
Sweet post an pics,glad to see your boats payin off for ya.:signfishon34hi6zv:...Don

AngelosPop
01-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Nice job! I almost went there this morning, I told myself to keep driving. I don't care for the drive into Camanche. It's within a couple minutes to either place for me.

RideNfish
01-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Awesome for you and your girl J !!!

Looks like that power worm did good. I threw one just like that at Melones today but didn't get hit on it. I was on the bank.

Did you happen to see if any bankers were catching anything?

Thanks,
Cheers,

Bigg A
01-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Pro cure scents huh?......do you have enough?...lol!!! :cheesy: Looks like you got into some healthy fish

Jfitalia
01-26-2012, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Adoboat;850868]It was nice to see you out there today. It was a short introduction since one of your 20 fish interrupted us.

It was a good day of fishing today, although we didn't get 20 fish. No particular spot produced more fish. It seemed like we would get a fish, go back and troll the same spot for no hits, then move on.

We used flies: wooly buggers, buck tails, and leaches. Night crawler and power egg worked too, but not as well as the flies. No hits on grubs.[/QUOTE

yeah I tried a bugger for awhile for only 1 hit. it was good meeting you as well. sorry we didn't have enough time to talk. haha

Jfitalia
01-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Good post and report.
Thanks for sharing. I see you and your boat sometimes but never remember to say hi on the water.
love that pro-cure dont they?

I am assuming your in one of those really nice north rivers I drool over when I see one there haha... what boat are you in, I'll make sure to say hello next time. I may be back up there tuesday if I don't go steelhead fishing.

as for the pro cure, I haven't found a lake where it doesn't work. they were loving the carp spit today

Jfitalia
01-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Pro cure scents huh?......do you have enough?...lol!!! :cheesy: Looks like you got into some healthy fish

haha you know I took full advantage of that ISE deal! 5 bottles for $20!

CRABBY
01-26-2012, 08:41 PM
It was nice to see you out there today. It was a short introduction since one of your 20 fish interrupted us.

We used flies: wooly buggers, buck tails, and leaches. Night crawler and power egg worked too, but not as well as the flies. No hits on grubs.Congrats to you to Adoboat,fishing around J is always a challange,an him driving a boat oh boy...:lolk::pom:Don

Koke Machine83
01-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Carp Spit is a great Trout scent, it really is ground up Night Crawlers and other Pro-Cure goodies.... Robbie

Adoboat
01-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks Don. Fishing around J wasn't a problem. Keeping up with him on the fish count, that's a problem.

LURKER916
01-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Way to go J. Nice fish

CRABBY
01-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks Don. Fishing around J wasn't a problem. Keeping up with him on the fish count, that's a problem.Oh man did ya have to say that,we'll never hear the end now:signs20ae:

Team Mc Fishing
01-26-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm in a white 21 foot LUND says Team Mc all over it. big black mercury verado 225 hanging off the back that says Pro-Cure on it lol
If anyone sees that boat on the water at Amador or Camanche or Melones, just tell me to unleash the power, I carry plenty of samples with me. We are loving Bloody Tuna on everything these days!

Jfitalia
01-27-2012, 07:07 AM
I'm in a white 21 foot LUND says Team Mc all over it. big black mercury verado 225 hanging off the back that says Pro-Cure on it lol
If anyone sees that boat on the water at Amador or Camanche or Melones, just tell me to unleash the power, I carry plenty of samples with me. We are loving Bloody Tuna on everything these days!

i just bought a bottle of bloody tuna but in the oil not the gel. I wanted to soak my sardine fillets in it for salmon next season! I may have to order the gel for some lures

RHansen95693
01-27-2012, 07:59 AM
Good job there Jf...
A 20 fish day is always a good day! Maybe things are picking up a little....
Hansen

Bigg A
01-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Any of the bankers hooking up?

Jfitalia
01-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Any of the bankers hooking up?

the ones I could see had a few fish but honestly my girlfiend kept hooking fish so I didnt have a ton of time to watch them. She caught 90% of the fish, which honestly is all I wanted. Hopefully next time she'll hook into a ten pounder!

Bigg A
01-27-2012, 12:27 PM
the ones I could see had a few fish but honestly my girlfiend kept hooking fish so I didnt have a ton of time to watch them. She caught 90% of the fish, which honestly is all I wanted. Hopefully next time she'll hook into a ten pounder!

I noticed she was posing next to the boat with those tanks laying in front of her.........she slayed'em!!!! Your fish was pretty though...lol!!!!

bowmasta
01-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Im glad you and your girlfriend slayed em out there Jfitalia :signfishon34hi6zv:

Enjoyed the pics, makes me want to get back out there this weekend.

-Steve :trout:

redneckpunk
01-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Great report, nice fish, but most important a big grin on the g/f's face that will keep her coming back for more. Since mine caught the "bug" she's planning trips and weekends on the water without even checking with me. Nothing better than waking up early on a saturday morning with no plans and your girl says "lets go fishing!". Now if she'd just stop out fishing me :baghead:.

~RNP

Jfitalia
01-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Great report, nice fish, but most important a big grin on the g/f's face that will keep her coming back for more. Since mine caught the "bug" she's planning trips and weekends on the water without even checking with me. Nothing better than waking up early on a saturday morning with no plans and your girl says "lets go fishing!". Now if she'd just stop out fishing me :baghead:.

~RNP

LOL yeah she is even getting better at the trash thalking as well! Yesterday after like her 13th fish she hooked another one! She stood up, grabbed the rod and asked "would you like to reel this one in?" So I simply hit the throttle on the motor and put her back in her seat!!! :laugh:

Bigg A
01-27-2012, 09:10 PM
after like her 13th fish she hooked another one! She stood up, grabbed the rod and asked "would you like to reel this one in?"

:wow_2:........are you losing your touch?.......I know....I know....somebody has to control the boat...lol!!!

Jfitalia
01-27-2012, 09:16 PM
:wow_2:........are you losing your touch?.......I know....I know....somebody has to control the boat...lol!!!

lol NEVER! I spent a ton of time trying different colors of grubs. I wanted to see how picky they were and I found out! plus the more she catches the more fishing I get to do

Bigg A
01-27-2012, 09:23 PM
the more she catches the more fishing I get to do

Smart man!!!