PDA

View Full Version : Lake Natoma

justinware06
01-27-2012, 06:28 PM
So Im going fishing at lake Natoma tomorrow morning an just wondering if anyone has fished there this year an if so did u have any luck and what do they bite on over there anything would help thanks..justin

hookeyjaw
01-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Lake natoma is a very hard to fish lake. I average 1 fish for every 5 to 10 trips out there. If you are looking for better odds I would try Folsom. But good luck if you go and report back...

tinytrout
01-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Twenty years ago we used to just kill the trout in that lake. We would fish by the Dam in our little wooden boat with a bobber and salmon eggs. We also fished above the Rainbow bridge on the North side and at the cove where the Power house is. We also did real good with Kastmasters too. I dont know what happened but the fishing in that lake sure has slowed over the years.

Tiny

Jfitalia
01-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Twenty years ago we used to just kill the trout in that lake. We would fish by the Dam in our little wooden boat with a bobber and salmon eggs. We also fished above the Rainbow bridge on the North side and at the cove where the Power house is. We also did real good with Kastmasters too. I dont know what happened but the fishing in that lake sure has slowed over the years.

Tiny

20yrs ago it was stocked now its not. the only stocking now I believe its once a year during the salmon festival

hookeyjaw
01-29-2012, 01:41 PM
So ya do any good? Ya end up trying natoma? I'm itching to know...

cesbjk
01-30-2012, 10:08 AM
This weather warm up should bring a few large trout feeding aggressively in the shallows. I look for warmer days in Feb. with cloud cover to catch smallies in the shallower coves all day. A hit and miss lake. It is best in the morning when the water is moving out of the coves.