PDA

View Full Version : Trollin Camanche 1/29 - Slooooooowwww

RHansen95693
01-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Read the post on the plants and thought maybe this would be the weekend things picked up.... didn't happen. I was fishin solo and was the 1st boat out of North Shore with lines in the water at 6:30. Toplined the grubs, rapalas and spoons for nada until about 10:30 one of the regulars says on the radio he's getting hooked up on the riggers. I dropped it down to 5' and immediately get hooked up on the grub. Got 3 more in the next hour and then things shut off again. Fished until about 1:30 and my adult ADD couldn't take it any more so I headed home.

A lot of boats out (I'm guessing 50+) and most everybody was struggling. Talked with several of the regulars over the radio and even the "can't miss" guys were struggling. One of em did catch a 7 lber and that was the highlight of the day. You can tell the DFG planted with 2 of my 4 being those little silvery dinks.... couldn't even pop the rod of the clip.

I don't think the bankees were doing much better.... at 2:00 the cleaning station was still very clean!!!

We'll get em next time! See ya out there...

Hansen

Lucky Lund
01-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Hey Hansen you did better than we did. Had 1 fish all day, but avoided the skunk. I really thought we would do better cause of the plants they were talking about. We trolled all the usual stuff, even used the DR's. Oh well...come on PARDEE!

CRABBY
01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Whoops sorry guys guess I should keep quite about plants,just got everybodys hopes up an the fish decided not to bite.
Well I heard Amadors doing pretty good,LOL,go at your own risk though seems I'm bad luck like Chris,:nevezuha1bz::signs20ae::rotfl::rotfl:,still a great post Rich.....Don

lowery125
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
My father and I where out there saturday all day without one. The schools were holding tight against the shore mainly near the dam. big fish insight but nothing would bite at all. Had a few hits but nothing took; used flies, kastmaster, pb. p/w, rapalas. when they often stay together like this in the schools they wont bite and takes a few days. sometimes you'll hit one if they break off from the school. but they are in there and good luck if you attempt it.

C U FISHING
01-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Same here :sad:, my son & I caught 3 all day : 1 - 18" & 2 - dinkys. all on top surface.

GuyBrown
01-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Bob: Thanks for the report. My days have been slow also. Nice being able to get out though. Regards, Guy.