PDA

View Full Version : Question: Woodward Reservoir, just north of Oakdale....

trollingplate
01-29-2012, 02:57 PM
My wife and I made a scouting trip yesterday checking out campsites for
camping in the Spring and Summer that are adjacent to lakes for fishing. Went to
Woodward, New Hogan, Pardee ( to see what we could see), Amador,
and Camanche, both North and South Shores, 200 miles all told to/from home.

Saw about 10 boat trailers at the Woodward ramp, but lake quite low.. Campsites
are nice, right on the bank.

Low elevation..is this a bass lake and trout? Does it get stocked?

Camanche North and South has awesome campsites..and can reserve on-line!
New Hogan is hilly sites, Amador is really out of date compared to Camanche
and Woodward..

Any fishing info on Woodward would be appreciated!

RideNfish
01-29-2012, 03:28 PM
I used to get nice trout at Woodward but was told, perhaps incorrectly, that they don't stock it anymore. I haven't seen it on the DFG plant list, at least yet.

New Hogan is bass and striper. No trout. Used to be but the stripy's ate em up. Neat trip you guys took. I should of gave you room and board :)

Cheers,

schatgun
01-29-2012, 03:39 PM
PM sent...hope it helps.

Happy Fishing....

CATKILLER
01-29-2012, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=trollingplate;851319]My wife and I made a scouting trip yesterday checking out campsites for
camping in the Spring and Summer that are adjacent to lakes for fishing. Went to
Woodward, New Hogan, Pardee ( to see what we could see), Amador,
and Camanche, both North and South Shores, 200 miles all told to/from home.

Saw about 10 boat trailers at the Woodward ramp, but lake quite low.. Campsites
are nice, right on the bank.

Low elevation..is this a bass lake and trout? Does it get stocked?

Camanche North and South has awesome campsites..and can reserve on-line!
New Hogan is hilly sites, Amador is really out of date compared to Camanche
and Woodward..

Any fishing info on Woodward would be appreciated!

Pardee is you best bet for camping and fishing,open's on the 17th of feb.
you will very happy with the setup there. Very clean but if you like to swim you need to use
the pools they have.It is a no contact lake,they have floating bathroom all over the lake when out fishing.
Woodward is not for me.

Good Luck
CK :cop:

Marv
01-29-2012, 07:53 PM
Woodward is one of my playgrounds, lol. Almost all my pics of bass are from Woodward. It's got big bass, carp, and bluegills.

The trailers you seen were duck hunters. That lake has lots of blinds and is LOW (like you can beach in the middle of the lake) watch your speed, even when the lake is full there is a lot of humps and bars that are 2' under water.

It used to get stocked with trout and was a good spot for holdovers. It was drained a few years back and hasn't been stocked enough to be worth a crap for trout.

WARNING: If loud music till morning (rap,heavy metal, country, and latin) and people yelling and cussing all nite bugs you, don't go. It's almost lawless. It's a big time party lake. If you go try to hit it tue-thurs. Unless you like to party and yell ;p

TheGreatBasshole
01-29-2012, 09:07 PM
ImHooked.com Fishing Forums - Woodward 1/29 (http://imhooked.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1327896282)

This was on imhooked about a report from today. Good luck on your information hunt.

RideNfish
01-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Well what do you know?
The DFG site says they will plant Woodward the week of 2-5-12.

big kev
01-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Used to camp there all the time. We started having problems with gang bangers a few years ago, so I haven't gone back since.