PDA

View Full Version : Collins Sunday

ampm
01-29-2012, 08:35 PM
ok had not been back for a while,last time out the wind blew us off the lake, and fished all day for one fish! Today was back to good form again, C n R 12 decent sized rainbows up to 2 lbs, day started strong, then had several long dry spells then things would pick up again off and on from 7:30-2:30, beautiful day!! here's a few random pics..

mustangman3024
01-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting ampm, i was thinking about going in the morning. Were you off the beach?

ampm
01-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks for posting ampm, i was thinking about going in the morning. Were you off the beach?

Between the boat ramp the open camping area, saw several groups all catching fish. Use a water filled float bubble instead of an egg sinker and you will not get hung up as much. I stick a couple of little split shot inside to give some extra weight that helps keep it on the bottom.

CRABBY
01-30-2012, 08:00 AM
ok had not been back for a while,last time out the wind blew us off the lake, and fished all day for one fish! Today was back to good form again, C n R 12 decent sized rainbows up to 2 lbs, day started strong, then had several long dry spells then things would pick up again off and on from 7:30-2:30, beautiful day!! here's a few random pics..Thanks for the update Kirby,you going out there solo?Looking at your pics I didn't see any boats fishing is the trolling slow or ?Heard Lincoln talking on Bob Simm's show that they're gonna put in their first plant of big trophy trout within the next 8 days now,watch their web site for the day it happens.Tight Lines...Don

ampm
01-30-2012, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=SMOGGUY;851421]Thanks for the update Kirby,you going out there solo?Looking at your pics I didn't see any boats fishing is the trolling slow or ?Heard Lincoln talking on Bob Simm's show that they're gonna put in their first plant of big trophy trout within the next 8 days now,watch their web site for the day it happens.Tight Lines...Don[/QUOTE

hey Don, yes I went solo this time, but always seem to hook up w/ someone once I get there lol. I was banking it. Saw a couple boats out later in the day but not many, maybe five trailers in the parking lot. yes i heard they are releasing the big dogs from the pens soon!!