PDA

View Full Version : Collins 1/29 report

redneckpunk
01-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Hit the water about 1115 with the crew (4 adults and 4 kids 14-8yrs old). We fished the shoreline between the beach and the boat docks. First fish on by 1145 on a nightcrawler PB combo (corn yellow). Between then and 1430 the bite was steady and kept me running my a$$ off unhooking, baiting, casting, etc.. And then it literally turned off with a couple miseed hits until we packed it in at 1630.

Totals
2 bleeders on stringer
7 CPR's
3 LDR's
1 SDR
Dont know how may missed hits but I'm personally ashamed with just the number I had. Cant remember a time that I missed so many. Kept the fish well fed though.

Baits/combos that were successful
~nightcrawler under bobber
~nightcrawler on sliding rig
~nightcrawler/PB on sliding
~nightcrawler/marshmellow on sliding
~marshmellow on sliding
~PB on sliding rig

Unsuccessful combos
~empty hook

all fish were in the 1LB range and since I had my hands full pics were all taken by others and hardly visable but heres a couple.

~RNP

mustangman3024
01-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Looks nice and calm, is that right of the boat ramp?

Dogface
01-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Sounds like a nice but busy day for you. Sorry for such a noob type question but what exactly is a sliding rig ?

Never mind that question...just googled it and now I see. Looks like a good rig maybe for shore casting or drifting.

redneckpunk
01-31-2012, 11:46 PM
Looks nice and calm, is that right of the boat ramp?

Thats actually between the beach and the boat docks, just before you reach the sign that says no fishing within 200ft of fish pens.

~RNP

robertalvis23
02-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Went up to Collins with my dad yesterday and caught 27 between the two of us. We fished for about 6 hours, trolling from the boat. Everything we tried worked. Nothing to note in size and all were released back into the water. If you head out that way, it looks like the new store is on its way to being finished by spring. Good luck everyone.