PDA

View Full Version : Bay Fishing

04-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Anybody heading to the SF bay tommorrow? Will be montering ch 69. Give us a call. 20 ft white Trophy

keciga1
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Good luck out there tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

Ivan

04-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Three sharks but only 24 to 33. Bunch of BR. Only could get squid and smelt. Man hope everyone else knows you can't buy bait until eight in the morning. That should change after this weekend, but we waited from 5:30 until Emerville finally opened. Our mistake for not calling ahead I guess. Fished mainly China Basin. Wondering where you can get some midshipment. Does anybody know where or can you get around here, or out of state?

kromebrite
04-04-2007, 06:51 PM
3.5 did you hit San Pablo or South Bay?

For whatever reason, the midshipmen have been as scarce as hens teeth. No worries, there are other options. ;)

04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Actually right outside from Pac Tel or whatever they call the baseball place. Fished from forty-eight to sixty down. Also went over to Tiburon on the outgo and got into some sixty to eighty pound bat rays. Guess it made up for the day. Fun anyway.

STURIPER
04-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Well sounds like you had fun!! Thanks for the report!

Joey

Brettskih
04-05-2007, 06:44 PM
You can get midshipmen at Loch Lomand in San Rafael.I go a day before fishing.

Brettskih
04-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I heard that frozen anchovies are working pretty well.

Spooks_n_Spoons
04-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Anybody heading to the SF bay tommorrow? Will be montering ch 69. Give us a call. 20 ft white Trophy

What were you original fishing for?

04-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Leporads and thanks to Brettskin advise, they had midshipmen at Lock Lomand. Going out again in the morning and taking my grandson, so with good bait we should do ok. I report results. Luck to all. :o

04-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Great day. We got midshipment at Lock Lomand at 7:00. I really thought the wind was going to blow this afternoon. Since it's was my grandson first trip to the bay I drove back to Emerville to lanch. Man I was really susprised that there were no boats in the parking lot. Anyway was on the water by 8:00. Headed down to China Basin and looked around. Set up in around 50ft and could'nt hardley get the bait to the bottom. Never seen anything like it, the bait would hit bottom and just about the time I'd set the freespool and clicker and the darn thing would go off. I could only laugh and try to give my grandson some advice. The trouble was that the sharks were mainly holding the baits and would release it right at the boat. Still what a great day. We ended up with a 42 & a 40 incher with many undersized. The kid was really pumped. I just sat there and smiled a big grin. Specially since I had a long time fishin partner along and all he could was miss fish all day.