PDA

View Full Version : Putah Creek?

Fire_Medic
01-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Anybody been to those fishing access spots on putah creek between Winters and Berryessa?
I heard its supposed to be decent right now. Only thing is there is no bait fishing allowed this time of year and I dont fly fish. So I'm just gonna be using rooster tails or something like that.
If you've been there and fished lures could you let me know what works?? PM me if ya want

streamcaster
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
There are some hogs in Putah Creek!

I've caught some decent trout there on 1/4 oz kastmasters over the years. My personal best is a 22 inch rainbow caught three years ago on my first cast in some moving water. Have caught several in the 14-17 inch range. I don't fish this creek much, but if I'm itching to get out and can't get out anywhere else....it's close

Good luck!

Anybody been to those fishing access spots on putah creek between Winters and Berryessa?
I heard its supposed to be decent right now. Only thing is there is no bait fishing allowed this time of year and I dont fly fish. So I'm just gonna be using rooster tails or something like that.
If you've been there and fished lures could you let me know what works?? PM me if ya want

Fire_Medic
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
sounds good to me i live real close to the creek. I'll prob head out there this weekend. thanks for the info

sarahsdad
02-01-2012, 12:00 PM
The regs. seem to have changed since I used to fish here. In the past there were really two fisheries here. in the summer the DF&G would regularly plant it with catchable sized rainbows. from I think November through April it was barbless flies with no limit allowed. There are some good sized trout in there still but the regulations have changed.
From the reg booklet:

147) Putah Creek (Solano and Yolo cos.) from Solano Lake to Monticello Dam.

All year. Only artificial lures and barbless hooks may be used.

This stream is tough to fish because of all the brush along the shore. Any trout you catch will be earned but there should still be quite a few really large fish in there.

soconnor
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Does that mean you can't use bait in Solano Lake? Haven't fished there for a few years but used to do well there. Anyone dropped a line in there recently?

Fire_Medic
02-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Does that mean you can't use bait in Solano Lake? Haven't fished there for a few years but used to do well there. Anyone dropped a line in there recently?

I would assume so since the reg said from the lake to the dam.