PDA

View Full Version : HOOK-TIM @ Amador: Mon 1/30

NorcalAngler
01-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Great day for fishing Amador today. Everyone that I spoke with were doing pretty well trolling mostly broke back Rapalas. And pretty much everything else but Rapalas were working for my two friends and I. "Gold" was the color of the day, gold Kastmasters were working very well. I caught one out of Amador's feeder streams with a Gold Panther Martin. But it was GOLD power bait dough that really did the job today, being responsible for 8 of 13 hook-ups. Weather was fantastic & to top it all off, I also was fortunate enough to spot a bald eagle doing some fishing as well~
:trout:

CATKILLER
01-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Taz and i must of been in the the worng spot on the lake
we fished from 0500 to 10:45 with not a bite. Saw 1 boater hook up
but losted it,and did not see a fish on a stringer from the spillway
to the dam. only saw about 6 boats on the lake and 3 of them said
they had only 1 hit so far.Nice to see someone is getting fish.
I will have to try the gold next time.
Thanks for the pic. now i know what i'am going for.
CK :help:

NorcalAngler
01-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Taz and i must of been in the the worng spot on the lake
we fished from 0500 to 10:45 with not a bite.

Were you guys banking or boating? Did you know that these "Donaldson" trout mainly feed on or near the surface? we fished Mountain spring & Jackson creek earlier and finished off at Doney bay~

Scottish pride
01-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey guys, I was also on the lake yesterday. I arrived late(10.45) and started to troll headed along the bank and then turned and started back. Wham !! Hook up on a pink grub behind a dodger. Headed back to the Dam with no more action. Started to drift power bait and hooked up right away. Cast back out and my phone rang, lost that one......that was about 12:45 and I never got another bite. Tried lots of changes but nothing. It looked like the bite was gone for the day. Left at 3:45 with two fatties for dinner.

Scottish pride
01-31-2012, 11:18 AM
That was my first attempt at trolling. I don't know if a flasher is better or a dodger or nothing at all!! I asked other boats as they past but seems to be a difference of opinion. Also my dodger seemed to want to surf along the surface alot. Can anyone please help me with some advice.

NorcalAngler
01-31-2012, 11:45 AM
That was my first attempt at trolling. I don't know if a flasher is better or a dodger or nothing at all!! I asked other boats as they past but seems to be a difference of opinion. Also my dodger seemed to want to surf along the surface alot. Can anyone please help me with some advice.

Check out this skicky at the top of the trout forum;Trolling Noob on Amador-skunked... HELP (please)! (http://www.fishsniffer.com/trout-board/94229-trolling-noob-amador-skunked-help-please.html)

​Loads of useful information.. hope it helps.

Scottish pride
01-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Thank you that was helpful, and I am so impressed with everyone being so friendly and helpful.

CATKILLER
01-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Were you guys banking or boating? Did you know that these "Donaldson" trout mainly feed on or near the surface? we fished Mountain spring & Jackson creek earlier and finished off at Doney bay~

We were banking it and useing black wooley boggers and ass. colors with 1 pole fishing the bottom
with pb char. In nov. we limited out 6 times stright and the last 5 times 0&2 bites,the fishing god
said we got are limit i guess. The fish they are planting are from Aquaserd, Was. state this year because of last years low rain fall.
Good luck on your next trip
CK

NorcalAngler
01-31-2012, 03:35 PM
the fishing god
said we got are limit
CK

Aint it funny?! How fish are... 1 day they'll bite an empty hook and the next, they prefer Boneless-Skinless Chicken breast because they're watching their figure....

Jfitalia
01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
We were banking it and useing black wooley boggers and ass. colors with 1 pole fishing the bottom
with pb char. In nov. we limited out 6 times stright and the last 5 times 0&2 bites,the fishing god
said we got are limit i guess. The fish they are planting are from Aquaserd, Was. state this year because of last years low rain fall.
Good luck on your next trip

CK

last years rain fall was high and the fish are coming from their own hatchery.... that is the reason why they are back to their old strain of fish instead of the ones from the past few years

BabyHuey85
01-31-2012, 09:28 PM
My dad and I also fished monday at Lake Amador. We ended up with 4. Fished a point at the end of the dirt road on the way in to the lake. (not sure what the name is lol)

We got our poles in the water about 0730. I caught the first fish around 0900 on rainbow PB with pro cure krill gel. Caught the next one about 15 minutes later on Fl. Red glitter PB with pro cure krill gel. My dad finally hooked up at 10:30 using hatchery PB with pro cure krill gel. Right after I netted his fish my line slacks and game on! Our first double at Lake Amador of the year! I caught it on the Fl. Red glitter PB with pro cure krill gel. We fished until 1530 with no more bites. Talked to a couple trollers and they said the bite slowed after 1100 for them as well.

Hey Scottish pride, were you in a tan/blue boat with a black bar across the back? If so I was the guy wearing an Oakland A's sweatshirt and black Under Armour Hat fishing the bank.

All in all a pretty good day Lake Amador!

Daniel

CATKILLER
02-01-2012, 02:02 PM
last years rain fall was high and the fish are coming from their own hatchery.... that is the reason why they are back to their old strain of fish instead of the ones from the past few years

I though the rain fall was high to but, the article in the Sniffer on 12/01/11 on amador said that they
were useing Wa. trout this year. I must of missed something in the article.
Thanks
CK :margarita:

Scottish pride
02-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah Daniel, that was me in the Tan/blue crest liner. I was happy with two fish to take home and my dog and I enjoyed every minute on the lake

Scottish pride
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
The first fish I caught did look quite different than the ones I caught last year. So the fish this year are not Donaldsen cut- bows? Please forgive my ignorance.