PDA

View Full Version : Browns?

67shelbysmash
01-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Anyone know where to go to have a chance at hooking into browns, live close to Folsom so Im looking for something a little bit fiestier than a planter bow.

CATKILLER
01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Try rollins or scotts flats lake. I think they are low but you mite hook in to one.
Good luck
CK

americainR_guy
01-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Do you have a boat? I don't know about the browns being more fiestier because the water is very cold and they are all a bit sluggish right now. If you want fiestier fish, goto Amador or Collins. If you just want browns best places to go after this last storm would be Ice House, Salt Springs, Englebright, Rollins, Scotts Flat, everything else is snowed in. Good luck!!:smiley:

67shelbysmash
02-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Do you have a boat? I don't know about the browns being more fiestier because the water is very cold and they are all a bit sluggish right now. If you want fiestier fish, goto Amador or Collins. If you just want browns best places to go after this last storm would be Ice House, Salt Springs, Englebright, Rollins, Scotts Flat, everything else is snowed in. Good luck!!:smiley: I have one bad kayak set with rod holders and a fish finder! I would most likely fish from the bank, and amador/collins are two of my favorite lakes, but I want to find Browns to add some diversity to the trout fishing this year. Rollins has my interest, any tips?

Ray9368
02-02-2012, 02:13 PM
I've caught a few browns in Jenkinson Lake (Sly Park). Not frequently, but usually pretty good sized.

Ray

Plug-n-Jug
02-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Try Stummpy Meadows.