PDA

View Full Version : Stop Acting Like Babies.....

Cal.Kellogg
02-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I've been watching a disturbing trend on the trout boards and Smog Guy has been watching as well. There has been a lot of whining and bellyaching as well as veiled messages, pot stirring and bickering and even threats....It all stops now....I kicked two guys off the boards today and have no problem giving more folks the boot if I need to. I don't care who you are or how many posts you have. If you are needling other guys I'll give you your walking papers....Brown trout this, Salt Springs that, Bowman the other thing....Grow up and act like adults or find another place to post.....

tinytrout
02-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Way to go Cal. We all share a common bond in that we all love to fish. Lets treat each other with respect as all fishermen and fisherwomen should do.
Tiny

CRABBY
02-06-2012, 07:00 PM
I will add this NO MORE Flameing people for a post showing fish pics you don't agree with,it doesn't matter how you feel about the size,handling,type of fish,etc.keep your negative or as you may feel "helpfull" opinions to yourself,send a freindly PM if you must,this is a horse that has been beaten to death but many choose to still ruin somebodies thread/post with their personal preferences,there are NO FISH POLICE HERE except the Moderators.....Don

Reel Fun
02-06-2012, 07:07 PM
These all fired up trout guys should have been at the Fish & Game meeting with us Cal!!! The trout took a beating there way worse than anyone could imagine.......Pick your battles guys!!

RF

Marv
02-06-2012, 07:17 PM
This site has taught me a lot. It was only a few years ago that i thought "trout guys" were stuck up jerks. Turns out i was being the jerk. Not only that, most of my friends on this fourm are "trout guys". Most of the tips and skills i've gained from this site would have taken me years to build on my own.

Remember this one, if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.

AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE ALL FISHERMAN AND SNIFFERS, SO LETS ACT LIKE IT :) K, IM DONE....

TheGreatBasshole
02-06-2012, 07:26 PM
+1 bass boy. Couldn't be said any better.

Fish-on,
Tgbh

TroutGhost
02-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Yah, it's kind of annoying when someone posts a pic of ten fish caught and you know that one member is going point out that the limit is only five fish and the response is that uh, uhm, the guy holding the camera caught a limit too...

The best attitude should be to assume the best. You'll increase the odds of not looking like a quibbler/troll/whatever. Now here is the important thing to keep in mind: If it looks like someone is doing/promoting something illegal tell the moderators and let them moderate the thead. Don't post a flame, let the mods work it out. ;)

Thanks to the admins and moderators who keep this forum civil. I haven't noticed any disturbing trends or bad behavior in a long while so you guys must be doing your job. This is a great forum with fantastic members. :)

LURKER916
02-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Bassboy n trout ghost said what needed to be said. That's why the members on this board are good folks.

LURKER916
02-07-2012, 07:59 AM
And u too Don.

mike_l
02-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Yah, it's kind of annoying when someone posts a pic of ten fish caught and you know that one member is going point out that the limit is only five fish and the response is that uh, uhm, the guy holding the camera caught a limit too...

The best attitude should be to assume the best. You'll increase the odds of not looking like a quibbler/troll/whatever. Now here is the important thing to keep in mind: If it looks like someone is doing/promoting something illegal tell the moderators and let them moderate the thead. Don't post a flame, let the mods work it out. ;)

Thanks to the admins and moderators who keep this forum civil. I haven't noticed any disturbing trends or bad behavior in a long while so you guys must be doing your job. This is a great forum with fantastic members. :)

ok...straight up question. I post a pic of a wild trout, announcing that I caught it in a 0 take area. I have 3 fingers in it's gills hanging it straight down....and say with a smile that I released it and it "swam away fine." Someone sends a mod a PM saying "this doesn't look right".

What does the mod do?

RideNfish
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
ok...straight up question. I post a pic of a wild trout, announcing that I caught it in a 0 take area. I have 3 fingers in it's gills hanging it straight down....and say with a smile that I released it and it "swam away fine." Someone sends a mod a PM saying "this doesn't look right".

What does the mod do?

You forward the message to the Mod and let them handle it. You don't stoop to their level and start bantering. Anyone on this forum sending PM's that criticize someone else don't belong here. And I KNOW that some of them will read this post. If you don't like, change the channel. No one asked you to be here.

I have had so much fun since joining this board. Have tried more new fishing techniques in the past two years than my previous 20. That is why I try to share here what little I know. THAT is what this is for. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

mike_l
02-07-2012, 08:51 AM
You forward the message to the Mod and let them handle it. You don't stoop to their level and start bantering. Anyone on this forum sending PM's that criticize someone else don't belong here. And I KNOW that some of them will read this post. If you don't like, change the channel. No one asked you to be here.

I have had so much fun since joining this board. Have tried more new fishing techniques in the past two years than my previous 20. That is why I try to share here what little I know. THAT is what this is for. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Thanks for the help. I'm asking what the Moderator will do. Why is that reason for you to flame me and suggest I should leave?

"no one asked you to be here." Really? Pretty harsh when all I did was ask a question.

Why don't we let the guys who will take action, one way or another, say what that action would be?

-Mike

RideNfish
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the help. I'm asking what the Moderator will do. Why is that reason for you to flame me and suggest I should leave?

"no one asked you to be here." Really? Pretty harsh when all I did was ask a question.

Why don't we let the guys who will take action, one way or another, say what that action would be?

-Mike

No no no Mike!!!!

I didn't mean you at all!!!!! Sorry it was taken that way. I was referring to "Anyone" that does do those things should leave! NOT YOU. Sorry sorry sorry sorry. :)

Here is my quote, "Anyone on this forum sending PM's that criticize someone else don't belong here. And I KNOW that some of them will read this post. If you don't like, change the channel. No one asked you to be here. "

You cherry picked my quotes but put all together means the people doing this behavior.

Sorry Mike I hope you understand now.

Thanks,
Doug

Fishbucket
02-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I just recently got a PM !!!
.... I should'nt be posting it and should just hand it over to the Mods...but this needs to come to the forefront of what goes on behind the scenes.

Joe,
What Troutghost was saying about having fantastic members was pointed directy at YOU. You have been the most upstanding member here and I for one would not even be here if it wern't for you. I really enjoy or point of view and humor. Plus you are the greatest fisherman alive. Say hello to GBG for us! love, don

woolybuggin
02-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I just recently got a PM !!!
.... I should'nt be posting it and should just hand it over to the Mods...but this needs to come to the forefront of what goes on behind the scenes.

HAhahahaha:rotfl2:

Jfitalia
02-07-2012, 10:10 AM

What does the mod do?

there is nothing a mod can do. I used to be a mod here and got those pm's before but honestly what would you want a mod to do. instead if you simply send a nice pm to the person expressing your concern then they're shouldn't be a problem.

dirty530
02-07-2012, 10:22 AM
i agree that no one should be criticized/ridiculed for their fish reports/pictures. RideNfish said it best, "If you don't like it, change the channel. No one asked you to be here." < pics of people keeping fish or going for their 'limits' is exactly why i don't comment on most's trout posts. i don't believe in what they're doing but that doesn't mean i have to go all preachy on them for doing something i don't agree with. i simply decide to change the channel.

having said that... i'm really glad people sent me hater PMs. YES the tone and language used was uncalled for, but sometimes it takes getting ripped a new one to become open to learning the correct way of doing something. i kinda miss those jerks who sent me those hater PMs.. they would've been perfectly fine if they didn't use such poor language and calmed down the tone of their message.. tho, realistically, i can't be certain i would've taken the message so seriously if they hadn't been so crass..

i can't even look back at most of my earlier posts because i'm horrified with the way i used to treat fish i.g. putting fish on the ground/rocks to take a picture and then acting like i did the right thing after i released it. or even better yet, put the fish on a wet towel? GOD i was a stupid S.O.B.!!! i wish the me now could punch the me back then. anyone can catch a fish; toddlers, old people, newbies... anyone. i've come to believe learning how to handle a fish *properly* is much more of a skill than simply catching a fish. that's my two cents :)

Marv
02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
x10 RideNfish

There is a million things i don't wana see on the internet, stuff that im 100% against. Guess what, i don't watch that stuff. If i come across it i click out and go on with my business.

Dirty, you were not dumb! YOU SHOULD NEVER JUDGE YOURSELF BASED ON OTHERS PEOPLES OPINION!!! I handle them with a wet towel. I also set them on rocks/sand to take pics. Sometimes i keep them sometimes i toss them back. I don't *properly* release them yet, yet being the key word. Im not hatin' on ya Dirty. I like your post and the damadge you and your sp50 do :)

If i do release i make sure the fish is not bleeding and i let him catch his breath and swim away on his own, weather he makes it or not is up to mother nature. im not hurting fish for torture and if some don't make it...... Catfish gotta eat too.

Too many people today take there opinion as fact.

mike_l
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
JF...I would want the Mod to send me (guy in pic) a PM saying that he was pleased to see me posting and that there was information available that could help me be a better angler. There's a sticky posting at the top of the Trout Forum regarding fish handling, that can be read in a few minutes, outlining the right ways to do it.

I make the assumption that folks putting fish back in the water would like to see them live. On that assumption I would hope the Mod would try to help them achieve that goal.

Dirty, I put a "LIKE" on your post, BUT, I don't agree that the PM's you rec'd needed to be hateful. People who want to do the right thing and don't know how should be supported, not flamed.

We still have not heard from Don or any other of the Mods, but my guess is they might agree.

Maybe I'm wrong and the trout guys on this board think it's ok to wantonly kill fish and kick em back in the water...but I don't think so.

-Mike

"Dirty, you were not dumb! YOU SHOULD NEVER JUDGE YOURSELF BASED ON OTHERS PEOPLES OPINION!!! I handle them with a wet towel. I also set them on rocks/sand to take pics. Sometimes i keep them sometimes i toss them back."

I just saw this...and all I can say is "WOW". There is no other answer.

CRABBY
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM

What does the mod do?What the Mod will do is forward it to you an you an the person that feels you were wrong can deal with it.WE the Mods are not your babysitters,your grown men,you don't need to subject the whole board to your personal beliefs while trying to correct another members action you don't agree with for whatever reason,right or wrong,be civil an send a PM,if they don't listen Tough!!!Deal with it!!We are all differant.
You few people that cause all these problems an only do it here,Well let me invite you to go elsewhere an when you find a place that agrees with your beliefs... STAY THERE!!!Untill then live within OUR imperfect system an follow OUR RULES.Thank You

mike_l
02-07-2012, 11:22 AM
You few people that cause all these problems an only do it here,Well let me invite you to go elsewhere an when you find a place that agrees with your beliefs... STAY THERE!!!Untill then live within OUR imperfect system an follow OUR RULES.Thank You

Thank you. Please delete my account.

CRABBY
02-07-2012, 11:27 AM
FISHBUCKET SAYS>>>>I just recently got a PM !!!

http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/styles/TimeTraveler/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SMOGGUY http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/styles/TimeTraveler/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.fishsniffer.com/trout-board/95207-stop-acting-like-babies.html#post852726)
Joe,
What Troutghost was saying about having fantastic members was pointed directy at YOU. You have been the most upstanding member here and I for one would not even be here if it wern't for you. I really enjoy or point of view and humor. Plus you are the greatest fisherman alive. Say hello to GBG for us! love, don
FISHBUCKET you are incorrigible.....:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::mixed-smiley-030:

Fishbucket
02-07-2012, 11:42 AM
i kinda miss those jerks who sent me those hater PMs..

We could help you with this.....

i wish the me now could punch the me back then.

We could certainly help you with this too !

:p

FishWisher
02-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Yeah... why all the BS.....this is harder than woodpecker lips!!
Keep truth. Any more lies and I will really start flaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No false lure catches, no false timing, no false preparation to go somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!Get real, or get off the board.

If you start flaming you'll be gone, too.

Posting false information is prohibited by our rules: "You agree, through your use of these FishSniffer.com forums, that you will not post any material which is dangerous, false, inaccurate, inflammatory, argumentative, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, political, religious, invasive of a person's privacy, unethical, illegal or otherwise in violation of ANY law. Posts of a political or religious nature are not allowed on FishSniffer.com Boards."

Negative comments about fishing reports others have made is also prohibited: Each member is allowed to post a fishing report as they see fit. No other member will be allowed to denigrate, disparage, or dispute another members report. This is not open for debate.
============================

And I think this Babies thread has run its course, too...