PDA

View Full Version : Lake Englebright trout are back

Fisheries Advocate
02-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Sunday, Pam and I headed for Lake Englebright to see if the trout fishing was getting better. We didn't start trolling until about 10:30 and started by the rock wall with the white cross. Picked up 4 in this area a lost a few more. Used Fishing with Gary dodgers and double spinners with crawlers. About five other boats on the lake.

Looking forward to Spring when Skippers Cove Marina, Lisa, released the trophy trout into the lake.

Sure would be great to see some inland Kings or Steelhead released in this lake...

Nelsen- Inland Fisheries Advocate

Barleycorn
02-08-2012, 05:44 PM
"Looking forward to Spring when Skippers Cove Marina, Lisa, released the trophy trout into the lake" +1

Dogface
02-09-2012, 06:47 AM
My buddy and I were out there Sunday also. Did well in the same spots trolling with broken back Rapalas. Just caught some planters but not bad size. There are a lot of springs up there. I just posted a thread about that....seeing fish stacked up on some of those springs, and wonder about it. Is that an anomaly having to do with my Hummin Bird reading bubbles as fish or are they really there for some reason ??

Fishbucket
02-09-2012, 10:55 AM
If you are seeing "fish" from top to bottom when over the bubbles, I'd say the fishfinder is looking at bubbles. If you only notice a few"fish" and stacked in a limited area. then those would be fish.
Send a spoon, jig, of minnow down to them.

Dogface
02-09-2012, 06:09 PM
If you are seeing "fish" from top to bottom when over the bubbles, I'd say the fishfinder is looking at bubbles. If you only notice a few"fish" and stacked in a limited area. then those would be fish.
Send a spoon, jig, of minnow down to them.

Thanks FB. I'd say they are not top to bottom but in the same zone we find most fish and there are some outside that bubble path. These images are at about the same levels we find fish other places...just that they seem to be stacked up there...may 8-10 of them but not on every spring. We just found it curious. We caught a lot of fish that day,Sunday, but can't tell you if we were ever right over one of those cuz we were trolling about 130 ft back. I read the posts on trout jigging and would like to try that at those spots. Will report.

vallentinerocks
02-14-2012, 01:04 AM
Me and my buddy took my boat out for some fishing at Englebright Sunday. Tried some bass fishing at first but to no avail. water temp is 48.5-50 degrees.

So went up to my spot for trout without bothering to troll on the way like we did in November after thanksgiving that produced only one hook up and one missed.

We ended up catching over 25 trout up to 13.5" and keeping our limit in a few hours (without trolling haha). My buddy and his girlfriend, and his dad with his new Tracker boat were also there (trolling haha) ended up with only 2 trout between the 3 of them. Because of what I experienced last time up there, I say the heck with trolling and go straight for the fish with bait if you know what works.

Went into a Cove, caught and released more trout and headed home before the rain came in.

Dogface
02-16-2012, 09:02 AM
We saw them in that new Tracker...nice boat ! We were in a Whaler.

I'd love to have the new MinnKota GPS system so we could just sit over the fish w/o tossing the anchor. Too pricey just now.

vallentinerocks
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
I think we saw your guys out there too in the whaler. Yeah my buddies dad's new tracker is a nice boat. I like it too. but, im content with my Gregor 15ft... it suits us well on the lakes and rivers for the most part. i just wish I had a livewell in it. I have a lowrance with GPS. helps me put us back where the fish usually are.

jebranau
02-17-2012, 07:32 PM
We saw you there, floating bait off the bottom. We trolled by you a couple times... More boats arrived and we moved out into deeper water and more space to manuver on the troll. My buddy and I caught 9-10 trolling lures tipped with worms. The trick was to get back a ways behind the boat >100ft & stay right on top. We drug around lead core next to top lines & only got bit on top lines... Go figure!