PDA

View Full Version : More BUTTS

krzyfshrmn
03-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Trolled Oyster Point today with Rodney and 65Whaler. The bite started out slow, but we ended the day with 5 fish in the box. We just could'nt get #6 due to the wind that kicked in around 2:30.

Whaler nailed the first fish of the day at 23 inches. Then it was my turn, and after a brief battle, a nice fat 30 incher was flopping in the bottom of the boat. Next up it was Whaler with another legal 23 incher, followed up by me with another 23 backed up by another 30 incher 8-) 8-)

Notice the lack of participation on Rodney's behalf. He says he had one bite, but I'm pretty sure the rake marks on the herring were from him stepping on it before he put it out [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Awesome day on the water. Finally got to meet Whaler, and he's another stand up guy from the sniffer family. We'll have to do it again Derek......maybe we'll even let Tom real in the small ones ;D

I'm availible for hire tomorrow if anyone's interested ::) ::)

donzitroller
03-31-2007, 06:57 PM
Of course, RD was in command at the helm so it's only obligatory for the two of you as the skipper's crew to handle things on the deck.. well done and I'm one jealous SOB!

;)

pontoon_crew
03-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Sounds like you guys had a hell of a day!There startin to show.

tyeroflies
03-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Nice job guys. I'm heading out there next weekend. Time to tie up some leaders!

aintscared
03-31-2007, 09:26 PM
I new you guys would fish it hard and show some results. . Man I wanted to go but had other obligations.. oh well thanks for the invite RD
JOb well DONE ;).. where are the pics???

bigworm
03-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Where is Oyster Pt.? Heading to Bodega this weekend. Is it season along 10mile beach yet?

Hoochie
04-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Man I tell ya not to belittle the butts but I gotta get me one of those above ^
|

Hooch

sunracer1957
04-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I'll post up some pics on Monday, Thanks for going guys lots of fun as always,, couldn't buy a bite but I ran the center rod all day and the outside rods were the ticket. ( In all reality I wasn't trying real hard wanted to give Krzy a chance after our last Sturgeon outing ;D ;D)

Again thanks guys awesome day with great friends ;)

SturgeonVirgin
04-01-2007, 10:05 AM
RD, Krzy kinda bragged about the lack of mojo you had on board... could it be he got his mojo working again? ;)

I can see the movie now,

"How Krzy got his groove back" ;D ;D

fishenrick
04-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Nice job guys,sure wish I had been able do go,once I get this salmon opener done with I will have to get out there and give it a shot,just another type of species i have to learn to catch.

65whaler
04-01-2007, 11:01 AM
we had a great day on the water. though rd didn't pull them in, he called the bite ... top of the slack just after noon. krzy had some nice rigs tied up, and they paid off nicely. ;)

despite having the hot rod and rd having the cool one, he was pretty merciful on the amount of sh## he doled out ... it could have been a lot worse. *;D ;D

thanks again for the invite rd - great day on the water and an awesome dinner.

metalmouth
04-01-2007, 12:10 PM
5 In the box to kick off the season is great!! Thanks for the report.
[smiley=yahoo.gif] [smiley=yikes.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif]

Kneedeep
04-01-2007, 12:30 PM
We stoped by Oyster point the 29th and talked to the guy at the bait shop, he said the Butts are starting to show off the pier. You guys planned your trip pretty good. The guys on the pier said it's gonna get better real soon. I only saw 2 boats come into the marina about 1:30 PM and I didn't see any out in the imediate area. The tide was out at this time. Kneedeep

keciga1
04-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Nice job you guys. I'm itching for shome butts ;D can't wait to get out there.

Ivan

Farrier_Frank
04-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Notice the lack of participation on Rodney's behalf. He says he had one bite, but I'm pretty sure the rake marks on the herring were from him stepping on it before he put it out [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif

That's brutal, Rodney. [smiley=rotfl2.gif] Sorry I couldn't have been there to help you out. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

ric1ric
04-02-2007, 04:43 AM
Congrates Guys can't wait to see the pics. Wish I had gone with you ,but had to make some honey points instead, which went well. So maybe next time. 5 in the box sounds like a good day way to start the season.

timetofish
04-02-2007, 06:20 AM
Wow!!! Great job!! Looks like my next trip might be to the Bay.