PDA

View Full Version : Englebright Lake question

Dogface
02-09-2012, 06:35 AM
If you have fished Englebright you are likely aware of all the springs that exist in the lake bed, especially up river a bit. You can see them from the surface bubbling up all over the place. Now, on my Hummin bird fish finder I can see fish stacked up on/over these springs...or it appears to be that anyway. Could be some kind of anomaly having to do with the fish finder...not sure. Anyone else notice this ? Why would they be attracted to these springs...oxygen? colder water ?

Captain Marvel
02-09-2012, 07:10 AM
If you have fished Englebright you are likely aware of all the springs that exist in the lake bed, especially up river a bit. You can see them from the surface bubbling up all over the place. Now, on my Hummin bird fish finder I can see fish stacked up on/over these springs...or it appears to be that anyway. Could be some kind of anomaly having to do with the fish finder...not sure. Anyone else notice this ? Why would they be attracted to these springs...oxygen? colder water ?

Maybe the oxygenated water creates more of an ecosystem with grass and larvae and stuff to feed on.. I don't know!