PDA

View Full Version : amador this weekend

IRISHANGLER01
02-09-2012, 12:53 PM
going to the lake for the first time ever. We will be fishing from the bank using a sliding sinker rig with power eggs/ bait combos. Is there a better technique for bankies at this lake? Should we roll with that or something else? what colors are hot at the amador? any tips appreciated.

HMONG_James_Vang
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
last saturday @the marina area, everyone was hookin' up on kastmasters (1/4oz gold), myself included. normally it would be the black woolley bugger with water bobber technique but that hasn't produced much as of late.

i'll be there this saturday as well.

mandoman70
02-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Try floating chartreuse power bait on a size 6 or 8 octopus hook. No weight, no bobber, no nothing, just a ball of power bait! It's almost like topwater fishing for bass. Make sure your reel is filled with fresh line to help increase your casting distance. I went yesterday and the dam area was good.

Good luck,

Mandoman70

RideNfish
02-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I always like the wooly approach but I haven't been out there in 1 months. Be sure if throwing bait though to either float it or be sure you are casting within 10' or so of shore. Real close! They are hugging the shoreline a lot of the time. But when you do cast out that close throw it parallel to the shore so it's not right in front of you. They can see you and won't bite as much. But if you throw it down a ways but still close to shore it will work better.

Oh, and you MUST report back to us how you did. THANK YOU,
Cheers,

WLShafor
02-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I love Lake Amador I have had fair luck with the boat doc. white power balls work well and for the bluegills it's all about the wax worms.

If Clay & I do not go to Collins Lake or Bass Lake you will find us on the doc with a floating light catching the bluegills and using kastmasters, power balls and bobbers.

Come say hello to us & hang out if you want. We will have a camping shade tent to help us stay sheltered from the rain.

Can't miss me I will have on a Orange rain jacket or my full on dark brown carharrt bibs & jacket. Clay will look like a Yellow duck lol...

FISH ON!!!