PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat 2/10/2012

mgcrumster
02-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone;

Just a quick report about the Trimmer area at Pine Flat. On the lake by 0700, not to cold, lots of sun. Trolled with the following:

Firetiger apex
Crome apex
Orange Trout Runner
Lg Night Crawler, all with Trout/Koknee Super Gel, and small flashers...

My Son, and I was on the lake till about 1300, with only one lipped, but lost at the boat..... SKUNK, and we didn't see many caught. Time to try a few other lakes, but first things first.... The boat needs a good washing to rid it of that awfull smell!:yikes:
Best wishes............ mgcrumster

crazyfisher
02-10-2012, 04:19 PM
thanks for the report. we were thinking of heading up there tomorrow however might have to re-think. With the nice weather lately and full moon, did the trout go on vacation.

Slapabow
02-11-2012, 03:06 PM
It was definately a spring day friday.
fish were sun tanning.
Location seems to be the key this year. off by 200 yards and its no go.
Thanks for the report.

crazyfisher
02-12-2012, 02:59 AM
just a quick update as nothing to show for. I should have gone to hensley lake but thought with the overcast and sprinkle, we gave pine flat a chance! went out with gf from 9 to 5, first tried at trimmer boat launch with nothing, not even a nibble. Saw a few boats in front and didn't see anyone reeling in anything. After trying everything out with everything we got, we decided to drive past trimmer to the first bridge. Water is really low so we decide to go down to Pine flat dam (king river side). There were a ton of people near the bridge so spent 20 or so mins down the road with no hits using green roostertail, kastmaster, and drifting worm and pb. My buddy recently got a nice 22 inch 5 lb trout in the area. Didn't stay long as the rocks were slippery and gf was getting caught in the weed. So we decided to go to lakeview rec area for the remaining 2 hours to try and get something. Still nothing :( 2nd skunk of the year, dang it. oh well.

heading to hensley lake tomorrow to get quantity over quality.

I think i'm going to save pine flat for boat only!! as the 2 times we rented a boat, we always catch something.

Big G
02-12-2012, 11:30 PM
mgcrumster, i feel your pain. went up 2-9 and only managed to get two in the boat. thanks for the report

mgcrumster
02-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Hello all,

Pine Flat 2/10/2012 with a full moon= :skunk29gc:for a few of us; guess that moon thing really does have something to do with picky feeders.... February 21st looks good on the old lunar cycle, I think I'll give that a try. Better luck next time, hope to see crazyfisher, Slapabow and Big G, on one of the local central lakes soon, Good luck......

Good fishing, mgcrumster:oldangryman:

RideNfish
02-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Not sure what to think about moon cycles. Bassboy and I hit Melones on Feb 8 and did real well. Moon was very near full if not full. I think we can not catch fish on any moon cycle. It's fishing :0)

Cheers,

Slapabow
02-13-2012, 05:36 PM
i fished the flat sunday for a few hours.
Scouted for some spring areas instead of beating up the honey hole again.
16" kings are everywhere and i hope most are releasing for next year.
1 14" bow released also. No bait balls where i was sunday. (main body)
ch.69 vhf if you have one.

rk2fish
02-13-2012, 08:55 PM
Hey Slapabow, I think I was trolling close to you yesterday, If your boat is white/red(remember your boat pic last year). We got into the kings also,no rainbows. Ended the day with eight. Released all except 3 bleeders.

Slapabow
02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey Slapabow, I think I was trolling close to you yesterday, If your boat is white/red(remember your boat pic last year). We got into the kings also,no rainbows. Ended the day with eight. Released all except 3 bleeders.

Yup that was me.
You guys were in the Arima. Netboy was alittle off that morning. Had lots o chews but but no sticks.
Finally got a few fighters that put up a decent fight.
That's some dangerous stuff in that area. Be careful.
Tightlines

rk2fish
02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah that was us. Hopefully we didn't get too close, my friends buddy was driving. We ended up going to the powerlines, most of the bites occured 40-60ft.