PDA

View Full Version : Amador 2/11/2012

HMONG_James_Vang
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
well it definitely wasn't the numbers we were looking to haul in but, it is what it is... fishing.

got up this morning and headed out to Amador along with my beautiful wife, wonderful son, and bud bass_newb. what looked to me as ideal trout fishing weather did not produce much of anything... i mean anything. i counted more then 20 people at the dam, and for everyone's efforts got 3 fish or so. after a long morning of nothing, i about called it a day when i hear a loud swoosh in the water. my wife hooks up on a big one with a kastmaster. in her excitement, she tries to haul it in. i tell her to take it easy and let the fish fight a little. after a short battle i net her fish. i'm very proud of my wife, she brings in her personal best trout measuring in @20 inches 3lbs 4oz. a kiss was well in order.

my wife sure showed us. guess things looked up and i wasn't in such a rush to head home. five minutes later, i see the school of trout swim by. i had just casted out my kastmaster. i reel in quick and before the school could pass "wham." oh, did it ever feel good. i hooked up. i work it in and wife nets a 17 1/2incher. =)

... 5 minutes later my buddy bass_newb hooks up on a nice one on powerbait.

we fish for another half hour or so and decided to call it a day. at the end of the day, with the amount bankers and scare catches. i guess it wasn't too bad we all ended up with 1.

... sorry JWG, no limit this time. but we all enjoyed a day fishing.

AngelosPop
02-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Good job you guys! Better than a skunk!

JwG
02-11-2012, 05:32 PM
i'm very proud of my wife, she brings in her personal best trout measuring in @20 inches 3lbs 4oz. a kiss was well in order.

my wife sure showed us.
... sorry JWG, no limit this time. but we all enjoyed a day fishing.

Congratulations to the Queen of the day and her PB rainbow!!!!:bananatiedie:
Nice job Mrs. Vang.http://www.fishsniffer.com/images/icons/icon14.png

When you told me you were headed up there I thought for sure I would see that typical 'JV limit' for the family and friends, but glad you guys had a good time and got in some fishing.

It seems like the bite is kind of finicky these days.

Thanks for the thread and pictures James.

dilbeck
02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Slow days sure stink but a fish a piece is better than a complete skunk!

Feel like I'm getting the finger! :smile:

CRABBY
02-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Great job James ya stuck it out an put your wife on her PB #3lbs 4oz,yeah sometimes workin the bank can be a challenge on any lake,at least ya beat the:skunk29gc:otherwise we'd have to send you out with Chris!!HeHe............Don

RideNfish
02-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Good job JV and Mrs JV!!

She look like she is real proud and I would be too! You guys worked it out. We "bankers" have to work real hard to come up with fish sometimes and you didn't disappoint. Thanks for sharing your pics and story.

Cheers,

mgcrumster
02-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Great job James, and Mrs.V;

I'd love to catch a few fish like that, be wonderful if Mrs.V would share a few pointers.... We need the some help, the:skunk29gc:came visiting my boat last fishing trip with my son Jake..............PEW......

Confused!!!! mgcrumster

Marv
02-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Not bad for a half day or so of fishing. I think it's so cool that your whole family shares the passion of fishing. Congrats is due to your wife, she has me whooped on pb's.

JwG
02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
i'm very proud of my wife, she brings in her personal best trout measuring in @20 inches 3lbs 4oz. a kiss was well in order.

So James,
Is she still feeling IT?

HMONG_James_Vang
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
So James,
Is she still feeling IT?

yes she is. actually we both are. i was probably more excited then she was. we were talking about it on our way to work this morning. =)

bass_newb
02-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Slow days sure stink but a fish a piece is better than a complete skunk!

Feel like I'm getting the finger! :smile:
LOL the fish was moving so much that I didn't realize my finger was like that when i was holding it.. Sorry I dont mean to offend anyone, ill be more careful next time.