PDA

View Full Version : homeade side planers

legallimit
02-12-2012, 02:00 PM
i wish i could remeber who offered me plans for homeade side planers.i would pm you for them.

schatgun
02-12-2012, 02:24 PM
It could have possibly been me....I've sent what I have to several fellow sniffers. PM me with your address and I'll email them to you. Same goes to anyone else interested. They are simple & cheap to build.:alberte8zp:....and they work great.

Steve079
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
I sent Schatgun the plans for the ones he made. I made a pair; they are simple to make and work great. Not Rocket Science stuff. Easy. Can do it with a circular saw, and a hand drill.

Hey Jon, you're reading my mind, and you type faster then me!

schatgun
02-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Steve.....hah hah....always one step ahead:happy:.....I took what you sent me and modified the directions to be more easy to understand for simple minded folk like myself. I also included plans for a mast and line retrieval...I put it all in word document with links and pictures....so I can just send it as a quick attachment.

I've put the planers to work too....I can't believe I went as long as I did without them.....thnx again...(however, the fish aren't thankful:shrk0hr:)

legallimit
02-12-2012, 03:31 PM
schat gun, i tried to pm you but cant seem to figure out where to type the message. my e mail is sparkyjafa@sbcglobal.net. i run a seventeen foot boston whaler, i like comanche, folsom,this summer im getting into kokes. see you out there. thanx

Steve079
02-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I think I need your simplified set, we have only used them once. I don't think Kyle has embraced the side/inline planer board set ups yet.

I just passed on to you, what was passed on to me. Just sharing info to make our pastime more enjoyable. I've gained so much from this site, and I've learned its feels best when you just pass it forward.
Steve

AngelosPop
02-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I think I need your simplified set, we have only used them once. I don't think Kyle has embraced the side/inline planer board set ups yet.

I just passed on to you, what was passed on to me. Just sharing info to make our pastime more enjoyable. I've gained so much from this site, and I've learned its feels best when you just pass it forward.
Steve

Schatgun sent them to me, and did a nice job adding to what you started! I might even have a few touches of my own to add when I make my own boards. :)

The only thing I might add in bold is add a freaking flag in blaze orange to the boards. I have passed a few boats, and have seen the pole on the bow meaning planer boards are out, and I had to look really hard to see their boards.
Might be a good thing on the 4th of July to buy quite a few handfulls of the tiny 1/4" dowel american flags to top off a planer board :)

Steve079
02-12-2012, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE][Schatgun sent them to me, and did a nice job adding to what you started! I might even have a few touches of my own to add when I make my own boards. :smile:

The only thing I might add in bold is add a freaking flag in blaze orange to the boards. I have passed a few boats, and have seen the pole on the bow meaning planer boards are out, and I had to look really hard to see their boards.
Might be a good thing on the 4th of July to buy quite a few handfulls of the tiny 1/4" dowel american flags to top off a planer board :smile:/QUOTE]

Great idea, everyone add their mods to what was there, can only get better and better!
As for flags, I just think about all the wake board jockeys who love to buzz by 25 feet off your starboard. Boy, are they in for a surprise when I'm running my planer boards at 50 ft. OUCH! Sorry Duuuude!

AngelosPop
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
[QUOTE][Schatgun sent them to me, and did a nice job adding to what you started! I might even have a few touches of my own to add when I make my own boards. :smile:

Might be a good thing on the 4th of July to buy quite a few handfulls of the tiny 1/4" dowel american flags to top off a planer board :smile:/QUOTE]

Great idea, everyone add their mods to what was there, can only get better and better!
As for flags, I just think about all the wake board jockeys who love to buzz by 25 feet off your starboard. Boy, are they in for a surprise when I'm running my planer boards at 50 ft. OUCH! Sorry Duuuude!

Glad I quit wakeboarding about 10yrs ago when I cracked a rib :grinn: Wakeboarders can be much like bass boaters. God like :)
I used to run a 58' boat up and down the delta quite regularly in the 90's, and I loved it when a idiot skier/wakeboarder thought they were grand to try to spray the bow and took a dump right in front of my bow. I'd run right up on them with a 100lb anchor looming over their head. The boat owner would yell at me your to close. Ahhhh the fun it was............

schatgun
02-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Lots of requests for the plans....I hope they help. When you guys are done with your sideplaners can you send me pic :APS_camera:
so I see how they turned out. Again, if anyone else would like them PM me with your email & I'll get them to you. :2vrolijk_08:

schatgun
01-19-2013, 09:40 AM
BUMP.....

I have gotten a few requests lately for the Homemade sideplaner plans I put together a while back so I thought I'd throw this back out there.....I guess with all the sideplaner activity lately I can see why.

If anyone is intersted PM me your email & I will get them sent out to you....they are in a Word Doc. ....detailed instructions with pics....They work great...fun to use & a fun little project too.

22koke
01-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Yes, I would like a set of plans for your side planer. Thanks for your offer.

Tom
geesetom@ netscape.net